The aforesaid changes were made in the name to reflect the changing nature of the business or the constitution of the company and/or to clearly reflect the nature of the business.
1. March 10, 1994
The Company was originally incorporated as Jindal Tractebel Power Company Limited (50:50 JV between JSW Steel Limited and Tractebel, S.A., Belgium)
2. January 18, 2000
Commercial operation of Unit-II of 2x130 MW Power Plant of the Company at Toranagullu
3. August 05, 2000
Commercial operation of Unit-I of 2x130 MW Power Plant of the Company at Toranagullu
4. January 17, 2002
Name changed to Jindal Thermal Power Company Limited, after Tractebel, S.A., Belgium sold their holding to JSW group companies and financial institutions
5. February 10, 2006
Acquisition of Raj WestPower Limited under the Share Purchase Agreement entered between the Company and the erstwhile individual Shareholders/ Promoters of RWPL.
6. May 5, 2006
Incorporation of JSW Energy (Vijayanagar) Limited as a Subsidiary.
7. June 13, 2006
Incorporation of JSW Energy (Ratnagiri) Limited as a Subsidiary.
8. July 8, 2006
Incorporation of JSW Power Trading Company Limited as a Subsidiary.
9. January 19, 2007
Formation of the Joint Venture Company, Barmer Lignite Mining Company Limited by virtue of Joint Venture Agreement between Raj WestPower Limited and Rajasthan State Mines and Minerals Limited
10. March 28, 2007
Acquisition of PT Param Utama Jaya
11. July 28, 2007
Award of 260MW Kuther Hydro Electric Project
12. November 1, 2007
Approval of the scheme of arrangement for the demerger of the investment division of the Company and vesting of the same with JSW Energy Investments Private Limited
13. November 11, 2007
Joint Venture Agreement with Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, JSW Steel Limited, Jindal Stainless Limited & Shyam DRI Power Limited for mining of coal from Utkal - A coal block in Orissa
14. January 10, 2008
Letter of Support by Government of Maharashtra for setting up of 3200MW Power Plant at Jaigad, Ratnagiri
15. March 17, 2008
Recognisation of JSW Energy Centre of Excellence at Toranagallu by Central Electricity
Sr. No. Date Details
16. April 23, 2008
Incorporation of Jaigad PowerTransco Limited as Subsidiary
17. May 7, 2008
Joint Venture Agreement with Toshiba Corporation, Japan for setting up of Turbine & Generator manufacturing facility in India
18. August 5, 2008
Joint Venture Agreement with Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited for setting up of Transmission Lines in the State of Maharashtra
19. October 10, 2008
Approval of the scheme of Amalgamation of JSW PowerTransco Limited and JSW Energy (Vijayanagar) Limited with the Company
20. April 16, 2009
Unit - I of 2X300MW Power Plant of the Company at Toranagallu commissioned
21. June 23, 2009
MOU between M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore and JSW Energy Centre of Excellence for imparting one-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Power Plant Engineering for the academic year 2009-2010.
22. July 1, 2009
Commercial operation of Unit - I of 2X300MW Power Plant of the Company at Toranagullu
23. August 17, 2009
Synchronisation of first unit of 8x135 MW Power Plant of RWPL
24. August 31, 2009
Incorporation of JSW Energy (Raigarh) Limited as Subsidiary
25. September 1, 2009
Commercial opertaion of Unit - II of 2X300MW Power Plant of the Company at ranagullu
Awards/ certifications received by the Company
The Company has received the following awards/ certifications:
1. ISO-9001 and 14001 certifications awarded by BVQI for Quality Management, Environment Management Systems.
2. OHSAS 18001 certification awarded by BVQI for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Requirements Standard.
3. CII Leadership And Excellence Award for Safety, Health and Environment for best safety practices in 2003
4. Greentech Safety Award in 2003 for outstanding achievement in the field of safety.
5. Safety Excellence Award from GRISD for 2005 and 2006 for best safety systems and performance.
6. Karnataka State Safety Excellence Award in 2007 for best safety systems from Directorate of Factories and Boilers, Karnataka.
7. Best Performing and Safe Boiler in Power Plant by Directorate of Factories and Boilers, Govt of Karnataka and GRISD in the year 2007.
8. Bronze Shields for Meritorious Performance in Power Sector during 2006-07 and 2007-08 by Ministry of Power, Government of India to the 260 MW Thermal Power Station at Toranagallu, Karnataka.
9. First prize in National level for "Excellence in Thermal Power Generation" constituted by Indian Electrical and Electronic Manufacturer Association (IEEMA) in the year 2009.
- JSW Energy - Commencement of Generation of Power of Unit II.
- JSW ENERGY - MoU with Osho and IOM.
- JSW Energy Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated November 23, 2010 titled "JSW Energy enters into a binding agreement with CIC Energy".
- JSW Energy unit buys SA Coal.
- JSW Energy Ltd has informed BSE regarding an announcement titled "Acquisition of majority Shareholding in South African Coal Mining Holding Limited".
- Board has recommended payment of dividend of Re. 1.00 per Equity Share of Rs. 10 each.
- JSW Energy - JSW Energy''s JV with MahaTransco commissions 40.
- JSW Energy - JSW Energy achieves full commercial operations.
- JSW Energy - Commencement of Generation of Power of Unit III.
- Board has recommended payment of dividend of Re. 0.50 per Equity Share of Rs. 10/- each.
- The Board has appointed Mr. Sanjay Sagar as Whole-time Director designated as "Joint Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer" of the Company.
-JSW Energy Ltd, total operational capacity went up to 3,140 MW because of the commencement of the four Barmer units (total 540 MW)
-The Board has also appointed Mr. Pramod Menon as Whole-time Director designated as Director - Finance of the Company with effect from May 03, 2013 for a period of five years, subject to the approval of shareholders.
-JSW "Commenced a Generation of Power of Unit VII of 135MW at Barmer, Rajasthan".
-JSW Energy acquires Himachal Baspa Power Company worth Rs 9,700cr.
-JSW Energy inks MoU with Jaiprakash Power Ventures for the acquisition of three operational plants of JPVL.
-JSW Energy Ltd signed a Non-binding Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Monnet Ispat and Energy Limited
-JSW Energy Ltd has concluded the acquisition of 100% of the securities of Himachal Baspa Power Company Ltd.
-JSW Energy gains nearly 4% on acquisition reports
-"JSW Energy signs MoU to set up a thermal power plant and related activities in the Kingdom of Swaziland".