-Baron Ludovic Toeplitz lands in Goa. With the financial backing of an enterprising Italian, Alessandro, he acquires the Orosso Dongor Mining Concession in North Goa and starts a Company called Scambi Economici S.A. Goa
-The Company renamed Sesa Goa Limitada is bought over jointly by Gewerkeshaft Exploration e Bergbau represented by Eugene Plotzki and by Ferromin S.p.A. of Italy ( a subsidiary of Finsider S.p.A. of the IRI Group) represented by Paolo Tradardi, both parties having equal shareholding
-Another company started in Goa, Mingoa Sociedade Minieral Goesa S.a.r.l. is incorporated with Fiat of Torino as the principal shareholder.
-Finsider S.p.A. acquires the West German interest in Sesa Goa Limitada and also all the shares of Mingoa.
1965 - With the application of the Companies Act 1956, to Goa, it was incorporated under the Act on 25th June, as a Private Limited Company under the name Sesa Goa Pvt. Ltd. It was wholly owned subsidiary of Istututo per la Recostruzion Industriale, an Italian Govt. controlled company.
1978 - 14,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 2:3.
1979 - In April, another wholly owned subsidiary of Finsider S.P.A., Italy was also engaged in the mining and export of iron ore. Mingoa Pvt. Ltd., was amalgamated with the company. As per the
Scheme of Amalgamation, 38,500 No. of equity shares of Rs 500 each were allotted to Finsider S.P.A., Italy without payment in cash.
1981 - The Company was converted into a public limited company on 25th March.
- During November, Finsider S.P.A., Italy offered for sale out of its holding in the Company 22,05,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 2.50 per share in the following
manner: (i) 1,83,750 shares reserved for firm allotment to public financial institutions, (ii) 1,83,750 shares reserved for firm allotment to the business associates and employees of the Company
and (iii) 18,37,500 shares to the public.
1984 - A beneficiation plant with a throughput capacity of 15 lakhs tonnes was being set up in two stages to improve the quality and marketability of the ore.
1986 - The first phase of the beneficiation plant and with a capacity of 7.5 lakh tonnes per year, was commissioned in January.
- The Company decided to enter a new area of activity of information systems and services in collaboration with STET, the financial holding for electronics in the IRI Group.
- 14,70,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 2:5.
1987 - The ship building division suffered a setback due to labour problems with subcontractors resulting in delay in the completion of some of the vessels.
- The Ship building division proposed to carry out a programme of phased investment to upgrade the shipyard''s technological capability as also to increase its capacity.
- The Company obtained initial registration for the manufacture of 60,000 tonnes of low phos pig iron at Navelim near Sanquelim in Goa.
- The Company obtained the necessary pollution clearance for the project and a final technological evaluation of the project was undertaken to maximise operational efficiencies in future.
- A biotech pilot plant was set up in the mines for the treatment of tailing waste with micro organisms which feed on the mangniferous clay.
- Along with indigenous stern gear, particularly the fishing of marine propellers, a separator tank capable of efficiently recovering iron ore fines from cyclone under-flows was developed.
- Approval from Govt. was received for technology agreement for manufacture of a sophisticated fishing trawler based on drawings from a Norwegian Company and Technical collaboration with Fincantieri of Italy, member of the IRI group was entered into for the technological upgradation of the shipyard.
1988 - Sesa Seat Information Systems Pvt. Ltd., was incorporated in January, as a subsidiary of the Company. Effective 29th March, 1993, the Company ceased to be a subsidiary of the company.
1989 - The Company laid the foundation stone of the project to manufacture 1,50,000 tonnes per year of low phosphorus pig iron at Amona near Sanquelim in Goa.
1990 - On 11th January, the Company issued 6,48,270-12.5% secured partly convertible debentures of Rs 110 each. Of these, 6,17,400 debentures were offered to the equity shareholders on rights basis in the ratio of 1 debenture: 5 equity shares (all were taken up) and 30,870 debentures offered to the employees of the Company (all were taken up).
- The convertible portion of Rs 60 per debenture was converted into 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each, at a premium of Rs 20 per share on 1st February, 1992.
- The amount of Rs 50 representing the non-convertible portion will be redeemed in 3 instalments of Rs 15, Rs 15 and Rs 20 at the expiry of the 6th, 7th and 8th year respectively from the date of allotment.
- With a view to manufacturing indigenous coke, the Company in collaboration with Kembla Coal & Coke Pvt. Ltd., Australia set up Sesa Kembla Coke Co. Pvt. Ltd., Kembla Coal & Coke Pvt. Ltd., Australia is to participate to the extent of 40% in the share capital of the new venture through its subsidiary Kembla Goa holdings Ltd.
1991 - 12,96,540 No. of equity shares allotted (prem. Rs 20 per share) in conversion of debs. Another 8,64,360 No. of equity shares (prem. Rs 20 per share) allotted to Finalder international S.A. Luxembourg to maintain their equity stake in this company at the existing level.
1992 - The pig iron plant was commissioned. A new Company in the name of Sesa Industries Ltd., was set up for implementing expansion and diversification plans in the steel related areas.
- The Sesa Industries Ltd., set up a second pig iron plant with a capacity of 90,000 TPA of pig iron. It was proposed to make a preferential issue of its equity shares (prem. Rs 12.50 per
share) to the shareholders of Sesa Goa Ltd., in the ratio of 1:2.
1993 - Two 2500 tonnes barges and ten small steel boats were delivered by the shipbuilding division.
- 73,05,900 bonus shares allotted in prop. 1:1. 32,80,220 No. of equity shares (prem. Rs 50) allotted to Finalder International Co. Ltd. to maintain their stake at 51%.
1994 - Second blast furnace was commissioned in the pig iron plant of Sesa Industries.
1995 - 17,89,200 rights shares issued (prop. 1:10 prem. Rs 90). Of these 47,613 shares were kept in abeyance.
1996 - During 7th, November, there was an amalgamation of the 100% subsidiary, Sesa Shipping Ltd. with Sesa Goa Ltd.
- The Company owns 21 mining concessions. These mining concessions were granted to the Company under the Portuguese Law according to which they are to run in perpetuity so long as the terms of the concessions are complied with.
- Appropriate agreement was been reached whereby shares of Australian collaborators were taken over by the company making Sesa Kembla Coke Company a 100% subsidiary. Sesa Industries Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Company.
- 44,898 shares issued kept in abeyance in the rights issue.
1997 - The Company installed a plant for the recovery of pellet feed from the tailings through high intensity magnetic separating process at Codli Mines.
- 2,525 shares kept in abeyance issued.
- The company manufacturers 1.8 lac tonnes of pig iron through a subsidiary and producers metallurgical coke through a joint venture with Kembla Coal and Coke, an Australian company.
- The company, it has become a subsidiary of Mitsui, with two Mitsui directors now on the board.
- Sesa Goa Ltd. is learnt to be all set to acquire the entire equity holding of its Australian collaborator, Kembla Goa Holdings Ltd, Mauritius, in Sesa Kembla Coke Company Ltd
(SKCCL), a subsidiary of Sesa Goa.
- Sesa would also be supplying hot metal to the proposed Teksid plant, a subsidiary of Fiat, being set up here.
1998 - Sesa Goa became part of the Mitsui family after the latter took over Finsider International of Italy a couple of years ago.
1999 - The company has acquired Narrain Mines, Karnataka, to shield itself from any price increase or variation in the quality of iron ore.
- Sesa Goa is entered into a technical collaboration with Vaagen Verft, Norway, to manufacture fishing transfers.
2000 - The Company has closed down its Engineering Unit at Sirsaim and its workshop at Sanquelim with effect from September 19.
- The company has introduced Voluntary Retirement Scheme during the year to restructure the organisation.
-Sesa Goa Ltd informs that the Board of Directors of the Company have accepted the withdrawal of nomination of Dr K S Subramanian as Director by ICICI Ltd and Mr K R V Subramanian has been appointed as an Additional Director of the Company w e f May 22, 2002.
-The Board of Directors of Sesa Goa Ltd at its meeting held today (January 29, 2003) has appointed Mr Leonard Anthony Dean, as Managing Director of the company wef April 01, 2003 in place of C M Brown whose term expires on March 31, 2003.
-Receives Iron ore supply order from Pakistan Steel Mills for next 5 years.
-Sesa Group completes 50 years of operations.
-Sesa Goa''s Shipbuilding Division builds its 62nd vessel, a 2200T barge for its own fleet.
-Sesa Industries and Sesa Kembla sign an agreement with M/s Goa Energy Private Limited, a part of Videocon Group, to set up a 30MW Power plant at Amona.
-Iron ore sales crosses 8.5 million MT.
-First sale of Sesa Kembla technology effected.
-Compact charging system for coke plant is being commissioned.
-Sesa Kembla Coke Comany Limited, a 100% subsidiary of Sesa Goa Limited, is merged with Sesa Goa Limited with effect from 1 April 2004.
-Iron ore sales crossed 9.8 million tonnes.
-Sesa Goa issues bonus shares to its shareholders.
-Sesa Group declares a final dividend of 200% in addition to an interim dividend of 50% on the pre-bonus share capital.
-Forbes Asia ranks Sesa Goa as one of Asia''s 200 companies with sales than 1 billion US $ in its "Best Under A Billion" study.
- Sesa Goa has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Dun & Bradstreet ranks Sesa Goa as the 4th best in the Indian Mining Sector among India''s top 500 companies.
-Sesa Industries Limited is ranked 8th Best transitioning medium enterprises in a study conducted by Citigroup and IMA India.
-Iron ore sales rise to 10.87 million tonnes in 2006 - 07.
-Sesa Group records its highest profit in 2006 - 07 and declares a dividend of 400%.
- Vedanta Resources plc, a diversified metals and mining group, listed on the London Stock Exchange acquires 51% controlling stake in Sesa Goa Limited from Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
- Iron ore sales rise to 10.87 million tonnes in 2006 - 07.
-Iron ore sales rise to 12.39 million tonnes in 2007 - 08.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs1/-.
-Sesa Goa Limited and Dempo Group have signed a definitive Share Purchase Agreement under which Sesa has acquired all the outstanding common shares of VS Dempo & Co. Private Limited, along with its 100% equity shares of Dempo Mining Corporation Pvt. Ltd and 50% equity shares of Goa Maritime Private Limited.
- Sesa Goa to acquisition of a strategic stake in cairn india ltd.
- Sesa Goa Limited announces that it has acquired the assets of Bellary Steel & Alloys Limited (BSAL) for an all cash consideration of ` 220.00 Crore.
- Sesa Goa Ltd receipt SEBI Approval for the open offer of Cairn India Ltd and proceed with the open offer of up to 20% of the shares of Cairn India
- Sesa Goa Limited announces that it has acquired 243,07,241 equity shares and its subsidiary Sesa Resources Limited acquired 45,00,000 equity shares of Cairn India Limited.
- Sesa Goa Limited has completed the acquisition of Goa Energy Private Limited
- Anil Agarwal, founder chairman of Vedanta Group has been honoured with the coveted Economic Times Business Leader of the Year 2012 Award The award was presented by the Hon. Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh in Mumbai.
- Sesa Goa Limited announces that it has acquired the remaining 49% of the outstanding common shares of Western Cluster Limited
-Sesa Goa All Share Merger of Sesa Goa And Sterlite Industries becomes Effective
-Change in Name of Sesa Goa Limited to Sesa Sterlite Limited
-SSL- Kitchen Waste Producing Cooking Gas and Creating Greenery in Lanjigarh ~ CSR and Competitiveness Magazine
-Sesa Sterlite receives the Community Development Award at the Asian CSR Leadership Awards
-Sesa Sterlite, Jharsuguda bags two National Awards at ?15th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2014?
-Sesa Sterlite Announces Development of Gamsberg-Skorpion Integrated Zinc Project
-Sesa Sterlite arm gets approval for starting power plant
-Sesa Sterlite restarts mining in Karnataka
-Sesa Sterlite had approved Scheme of Amalgamation of Goa Energy Limited with Sesa Sterlite Limited
-Sesa Sterlite Ltd has completed the merger of its subsidiary Sterlite Infra with itself
-Sesa Sterlite - Sesa Sterlite Limited renamed Vedanta Limited
-Vedanta unveiled its new logo as the firm tries to present a uniform brand identity
-Vedanta Ltd has acquired a 4.98 per cent stake in Cairn India Ltd
-Vedanta Ltd has approved the merger of Cairn India Ltd into Vedanta Ltd.
-Vedanta Successful bidder of Gold Mine
-Vedanta shareholders approve merger of Cairn India Limited
-Vedanta wins accolades at Frost & Sullivan Awards 2016
-Vedanta Limited Introduces New Parental Leave Policy
-Vedanta leads India Disclosure Index 2016
-Vedanta Limited Launches Global Internship Program
-Vedanta receives ?Letter of Award? for re-development of Mormugao Port
-Vedanta wins accolades at the 55th ABCI awards