- Videsh Sanchar Nigam was Incorporated on 19th March with the object of assuming responsibilities for providing international
telecommunication services, which were being provided by the erstwhile OCS, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications.
- The main business of the Company is to provide basic international switched telecommunication services - comprising telephone, telex and telegraph services.
- VSNL is now concentrating on two telecom - related services. One is a vital service for aeronautical, maritime, and onshore and offshore mobile communications in the Indian ocean, the other is the growing software export business.
- The Company provides telex services to 237 territories worldwide and handles on an average more than 15,000 international telex calls each day. The Company handles on an average approximately 600 telegrams daily.
- The Company offers Intelsat Business Service - a dedicated satellite-based service that provides high speed, high quality data circuits on a point-to-point basis through earth stations strategically located near the customer''s premises.
- The Company has entered the era of mobile communications by commissioning its own Land Earth Station (LES) at Arvi near Pune.
- The Company won the prestigious IMM Award (Institute of Marketing and management) for the best marketing Company of the year 1992 amongst both public and Private Sectors.
- The Company introduced Inmarsat-C service, which permits transmission of messages via small portable terminals.
- The Company introduced a video conferencing service (both domestic and international) through studios located at the Company''s international gateways at Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta and Chennai. The Company also provides international relay of television programs and news services via satellite on a contractual basis.
- The company has been recognised as one of the best run companies in the country, rated `EXCELLENT'' for the sixth successive year 1998-99, among Memorandum of understanding [MoU] signing PSEs.
- The Company launched the Concert Packet Service (CPS) for Indian customers on 7 June, in co-operation with British Telecom, UK.
- In November, the Company introduced Inmarsat-B services for voice and data transmissions and Inmarsat-M services for voice transmissions, both in digital format.
- The Company commenced providing Internet access services in August, and is the largest commercial provider of access to the Internet in Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Bangalore and Pune and also a dominant commercial provider of access to the Internet in India, with DoT providing access where the Company is unable to do so.
- The Company is one of the founding investors in ICO Global Communications (Holdings) Limited which was formed by a consortium of international telecommunications companies, governments and satellite and telephone equipment manufacturers to establish and operate a
satellite-based mobile telecommunication system.
- Internet Access Services were introduced by the Company in India on 15th August.
- The Company is setting up two Standard `A'' Intelsat earth stations, one at Halisahar (Calcutta) and second at Korattur (Chennai).
- The Company has introduced two innovative Incentive Schemes for increased usage of Hindi with cash incentives to staff at all levels viz. incentive scheme for passing different Hind examinations and incentive scheme for doing original work in Hindi.
- VSNL have accorded approval to set up a subsidiary company to provide value added services in India, with a share capital of upto Rs 80 crores.
- The Company is the exclusive provider of public international telecommunication services in India, linking the domestic Indian telecommunications network to 236 territories worldwide.
- The Company has entered into a Construction and Maintenance Agreement with other international telecommunication carriers for the construction of SEA-ME-WE-3, a high capacity undersea optical fibre cable extending from Germany to Japan and Australia that will land in a
total of 33 countries.
- The Company has recently announced the introduction of `Universal Connect'' services jointly with TMI (Tele Media International) a wholly-owned subsidiary of Telecommunications Italia.
- The Company has signed a Construction and Maintenance Agreement for the Fibre Optic Link Around the Globe (FLAG).
- The Company introduced managed data network services in January and now offers such services through the global alliance networks of six global partners-BT, Cable & Wireless, EQUANT, Global One, IBM Global Services and Tele Media International.
- In February, the Company and DoT agreed to the current revenue sharing arrangement, which took effect on 1st April, and will remain effective until 31st March 2002.
- The Company has made an offering of 30000000 Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) representing 15000000 No. of Equity Shares at an offer price of US $13.93 per GDR in March/April.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd, the country''s only Internet service provider, has suspended new dial-up connections.
- Subhash Chandra promoted Afro-Asian Satellite Communications (ASC) and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) will be jointly setting up a dedicated primary gateway in Mumbai following the implementation of the former''s $900 million Agrani project.
- VSNL will also set up its own facilities for a Direct-to-Home (DTH) television service platform for Indian satellite television channels.
- The company has also entered into a construction and maintenance agreement with other international telecom carriers for the construction of SEA-ME-WE-3, a high capacity undersea optical fibre cable extending from Germany to Japan and Australia that will land in a total of 33 countries.
- VSNL also gearing up to introduce Globally Managed Data Services in technical cooperation with telecom major Cable & Wireless of the UK.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) launched the Inmarsat-Phone services, also called the Mini-M service, in Chennai.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) will be setting up international gateways in Ernakulam, Jalandhar and Ahmedabad by the year-end, and two more next year, in Hyderabad and Kanpur.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) is inviting fresh proposals from AT&T Unisource, BT-MCI and Sprint International for its proposed joint venture for setting up a regional hub in the country.
- A memorandum of understanding was signed here recently between Electronic Corporation of Goa (ECG) and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) for setting up an earth station at the Verna software Technology Park, South Goa, besides providing allied services in satellite
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has emerged as the second largest investor in ICO Global Communications (ICOGC).
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) has joined several other Asian telecom companies in legally challenging the right of US telecom regulator, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), to unilaterally determine the rates for telecom access to the United States.
- Globalstar India Satellite Service (P) Ltd. (GISS) and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) have signed a memorandum of understanding for putting up three gateways for GISS in India.
- VSNL and ICO Global Communications signed a final agreement for establishing an ICO Satellite Access Node (SAN) at Chattarpur, New Delhi.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL, India''s international telecom carrier) has obtained a AAA rating from Credit Rating & Information Services of India (Crisil) for a Rs.100 crore bond issue. This is the first time the VSNL has gone in for a credit rating.
- The company signed a five year revenue sharing agreement with the DoT assuring VSNL and stead per minute revenue from international basic telephony traffic despite fall in accounting rate and restructuring the License fee arrangement.
- VSNL is set to join World source Services, which provides latest telecommunication facilities and get membership of World Partners Association.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), the country''s international telecom monopoly, has decided to amend its memorandum of association to include domestic long distance telephony as part of its service offerings.
- VSNL has qualified for being rated "Excellent" amongst MOU-signing Public Sector Undertakings with GoI for the year based on achievements against targets set out in the MoU for that year.
- In July, the Company signed an MOU for access to capacity in Project Oxygen, a high speed fiber optic cable network.
- In September, the Company signed an MOU for participation in the South Africa and Far-East (SAFE) undersea optical fibre system.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Optel) on 24th April, at Bhopal to set up a Statelite Earth Station at Indore.
- VSNL and Microsoft have together set up a Microsoft download server in India (http://www.vsnl.net.in/msdownload). The server, the first of such mirror sites in India, mirrors Microsoft''s software download site.
- The telecom major Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) and IBM Global Services India have expanded the network services portfolio in India by introducing `IBM managed data network services (MDNS)'' for remote access (IP dial) on IBM global network infrastructure.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), the country''s international telecom carrier, is set to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for a $15 billion (Rs.63,000 crore) submarine optical fibre telecom cable project.
- The Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) on 16.07.98 launched sim cards for Inmarsat mini-M global mobile phone users.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd is set to tie up with home grown television channels like Sun TV, Enadu TV, Asianet, New Delhi Television TVI and Udaya for providing satellite uplinking.
- The telecom commission is considering a plant to merge Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL India International telecom carrier) into India Telecom, the proposed corporatised version of the department of telecom (DoT).
- Public sector Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) has launched India''s most advanced earth station at, International Technology Park (ITPL), Bangalore to serve software companies operating from there.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited has awarded a contract to Siemens Public Communication Networks Limited for setting up a nationwide state-of-the-art data network, using digital cross-connect.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) introduced a new Internet dial-up service through high speed ISDN (integrated services digital network) lines in Bangalore.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has introduced a flexihour accounts scheme for Internet users, allowing its customers to upgrade form one slab to another.
- The Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL) has conducted a "Vision 2004" study.
- The Company provides Home Country Direct services, which permit a caller to speak to an operator in his home country directly and place a collect or charge call.
- The Company provides an international E-mail service - GEMS 400, swhich permits subscribers to send E-mail both to other subscribers within India and to 242 public E-mail systems in 75 countries.
- As on 31st March, the Company had switching capacity of 34200 international telephone, 2386 telex and 128 telegraph terminations.
- The capacity of International Voice Circuits has increased from 966 to 17922 as on 31st March.
- The Company has introduced several international specialised and value added services in recent years and seeks to increase the portion of its revenues derived from such value-added services.
- The Company seeks to enter into joint ventures with foreign companies to develop telecommunication projects to permit the Company to utilise its existing expertise and gain additional experience with potential strategic partners.
- The Company and DoT entered into a licence agreement on 25th January, under which the Company was granted a licence to provide Internet access service in six cities on a non-exclusive basis.
- International telecommunications provider Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) will enter the national long distance telephony segment when it is opened up for competition in 2000.
- VSNL, which is the second largest shareholder in ICO Global, a consortium of telecom operators, entered into a pre-launch agreement with ICO Global on Monday to pave the way for the setting up of a joint venture company.
- VIDESH Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) and ICO Global Communications, the global mobile satellite communications company, signed the pre-launch agreement.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has launched an Internet Central Control Facility (ICCF) and a new Web Site.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has emerged as the top exporter for the year 1997-98, while Indian Oil Corporation, occupies the second spot, according to the annual Global magazine''s survey of top exporters.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL), India''s international telecommunications provider, has launched a number of Internet services, including a global Internet roaming services.
- PowerGrid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) and Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) signed a memorandum of understanding on future cooperation in the area of telecommunications.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) has tied up with Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) to extend Internet connections to subscribers over the counters of IOB in Mumbai.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has set up an internal committee to look into its proposed entry into domestic long-distance telephony (DLT).
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has tied up with ICICI Bank to provide the latter''s Net-banking clients on-line registration and payment facility for taking Net connections.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) and Hughes Escorts Communication Ltd signed an agreement that would enable Hughes Escorts Communications to use the VSNL''s Internet infrastructure.
- The company has also launched an e-mail service exclusively for the media called mediapoint.enmail.com. this is to bring media professionals on one virtual platform, to hear their views and help the common man to give single point access to the media.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) is planning to set up an Internet consultancy division, which will offer technical consultancy to start-up Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) and Haryana Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (HARTRON) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up a high speed data communication facility with associated marketing services for data links, internet access and other value added services of VSNL.
- The proposed VSNL-HARTRON project, is setting up of a high speed data communications facility to provide optical fibre and micro-wave connectivity between the electronics city and VSNL''s international gateway based in Delhi.
- The company has tied up with a Silicon Valley-based software company for the technology to manufacture Internet appliances including colour televisions (CTVs).
- In March, the Company plans to install electronic data interchange facilities at Chennai, New Delhi and Calcutta and to upgrade and augment its existing electronic data interchange facilities at Mumbai.
- The Company has signed an MoU with Indiainfo.com for a period of three years.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam the State-owned international telecom carrier, is planning to use foreign satellites to provide band-width to private internet service providers. It has doubled its bandwidth capacity to 300 Mbps.
- A MoU for the year 2000-20001 has been signed between the Department of Telecom Services and the Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited.
- The Company is setting up a Standard-B earth station facility at Hyderabad, to enable the region to have better international telecommunications facilities.
- The Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Antrix, the commercial arm of the Indian Space Reserach Organization for acquisition of satellite capacity in the Indian Ocean region.
- The Company has signed an MoU with ISRO''s commercial arm, Antrix Corporation, for acquisition of satellite capacity in the region.
- The Company will convert its global depositary receipts into American Depositary Receipts ina one-for-one ratio.
- The Company commissioned its roof-top Earth Station at P S G College of Technology in Coimbatore.
- The Company will acquire an additional internet bandwidth in the current fiscal, bringing its total to 750 megabites from the present 315 megabites.
- The Department of Telecommunications has asked Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd to set up an exclusive website showing requirement and status of applications from private players for bandwidth.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd''s., `monsoon package'' introduced from June, for a period of two months has resulted in a spurt in internet connections in Calcutta.
- The Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Yahoo! India to host the latter''s servers at its facilities in Mumbai.
- The Company has recommended a 1:1 bonus to its shareholders and proposed increasing the authorised share capital to Rs 250 crore from the existing Rs 100 crore.
- The Company has become the first Indian Public Sector undertaking to list on the New York Stock Exchange as it began trading its American depository receipts under the ticker symbol VSL.
- The Company revised the ratio of bonus shares to 2:1 -- two new shares for each existing share from the earlier recommended ratio of 1:1.
- VSNL and HDFC have jointly launched online renewal facility for Internet subscription in Mumbai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai, Pune and Bangalore.
- VSNL has launched a 65-day Festive Fiesta for its Internet customers in the six cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore and Pune.
- VSNL is set to enter the cellular service sector.
- The Company will raise its bandwidth capacity to nearly one giga byte, to improve Internet infrastructure in the country.
- Crisil has removed from rating watch, the FA rating assigned to the fixed deposit programme of SREI International Finance.
- The Company has commissioned a new and improved stream of 155 mb international Internet bandwidth at its New Delhi gateway.
- VSNL has launched high speed Internet access through Integrated Services Digital Network at its customer awareness centre in Videsh Sanchar Bhawan, Jalandhar.
- The Company launched its first IT-node in Coimbatore after the grant of all-India license which permits VSNL to expand beyond the six cities licensed earlier.
- SNL offers both basic and specialised value-added telecommunication services such as maritime mobile communications, e-mail, electronic data exchanges, leased lines, bureau fax tele-conferencing, radio photos, etc. It is an international company both in terms of the services it provides and its ownership. It has been constantly upgrading its infrastructure investing in switching and transmission facilities, new earth stations and gateways and mobile satellite
communication networks. The compnay is also participating in ventures that provide quality services for multimedia applications to customers with the help of emerging Global Multimedia Satellite Systems.
- The Company has commissioned Cisco''s high-end gigabit switch routers to serve as important internet exchange points in the country.
- The Company has issued Bonus Shares at the rate of 2:1.
- The race for the 25 per cent stake in Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd is hotting up with telecom majors France Telecom, Essar and Singapore Telecom joining the likely-bidders list along with Reliance and Concert - joint venture between AT&T and British Telecom.
- The Company is all set to launch direct to home service throughout the country by the end of this year.
- The Company has marked out a capital expenditure of Rs 2,000 crore for 2001-02 which will be broadly allocated among it''s direct-to-homeand domestic longdistance projects as well as acquisition of extra bandwidth among other areas.
- The Company has entered into an agreement with Teleglobe, a subsidiary of the Canadian Telecom major BCE, for assured revenues in a bid to corner some of the global traffic between Teleglobe and other carriers in the Asia-Pacific region.
- S K Gupta, chairman and managing director of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), has been elected as one of the directors on the board of Intelsat.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam wants to reward its existing shareholders by declaring a 1,000 per cent dividend.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed that Shri Subodh Bharagava an independent part-time-non-official Director has resigned from the post of Directorship from the Board of VSNL and ceases to be Director with effect from January 17, 2002.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has informed BSE that Shri Ashok Wadhwa an independent (part-time non-official) Director has resigned from the post of directorship from the Board of VSNL and ceases to be Director with effect from January 23, 2002.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed that Shri Rakesh Kumar, Sr.Dy Director General (ML), DoT has been appointed as Government Director on the Board of VSNL.
- GOI signs share purchase agreement for divestment of stake in VSNL with M/s Panatone Finvest Ltd.
- The Board of Directors of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd was reconstituted as below:
Shri Ratan Tata Chairman
Shri S K Gupta Managing Director
Shri N Srinath Director (Operations)
Smt Sadhana Dikshit Director
Shri Rakesh Kumar Director
Padmashri N R Narayana Murthy Director.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed that Smt Sadhana Dikshit has resigned from the post of Director of the Company and ceases to be Director.
- In Feb. 2002 the company has informed that, the Tata Group has been declared the successful bidder in the disinvestment process initiated by the Government of India (GOI). Accordingly GOI has entered into share purchase agreement with M/s. Panatone Finvest, as investing vehicle for the four Tata Group Companies as its principals viz. Tata Sons, Tata Power, Tata Iron & Steel Company and Tata Industries for transfer of 25% stake in VSNL at Rs 202 per share.
-Y S Bhave & Subodh Bhargava appointed on the Board of VSNL.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has appointed Mr Suresh Krishna on the Board with effect from May 24, 2002 as part-time Independent Director.
-The Tata group has appointed two of its group executives -- Ishaat Hussain, director (finance), Tata Sons, and Kishore A Chaukar, managing director, Tata Industries -- as additional directors on the board of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
-At the Board Meeting the Board also appointed Mr Vivek Singhal and Professor Ashok Jhunjhunwala as Additional Directors (Independent Directors) on the Board of VSNL w e f from the conclusion of 16th AGM held on August 20, 2002.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed BSE that the Chairman Mr R N Tata informed that Mr S K Gupta the present Managing Director of the Company on his superannuation on September 30, 2002 from VSNL will be appointed by Tatas as their senior executive for a period of five years and will be deputed to VSNL for a period of upto two years as its Managing Director.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL) signs an interconnect agreement with Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL)
-Increases dial-up net access tariffs by 5 to 13 pc
-Re-emerges as the country''s largest consumer internet service provider (ISP) in terms of subscriber numbers
-NSE terminates VSNL from Futures &Options list
-Signs interconnect pact with BSNL & MTNL
-Invests Rs 350 cr in Tata Teleservices Ltd.
-Introduces VRS to its employees
-Receives in-principle approval from Board of Investment as also the Telecom Regulatory Authority of Sri Lanka for formation of a company in Sri Lanka for undertaking international telecommunication activities
-A new company named VSNL Lanka Ltd. incorporated on June 12, 2003 under Sri Lanka''s Companies Act. The company applies for its certificate for Commencement of Business under the applicable Sri Lankan Regulations
-Gets six cellular operators across the country crossed over from Bharti for routing the international long-distance calls made by their subscribers
-VSNL Lanka gets license to offer ILD services in Sri Lanka
-Forms a wholly owned subsidiary in USA (VNSL AMerica Inc.) in the State of Delaware
-Acquires the assets and network of an international Internet protocol-virtual private network (IP-VPN) solution provider in the USA
-Ties up with AT&T for corporate networking
-950 employees opt for VRS
-VSNL Lanka Ltd (VLL) enters into an agreement with the Board of Investment, Sri Lanka
-Emerges as the topper in the list of all-India Internet Service Providers (ISP) in terms of number of outstanding connections
-ADR holders file class action suit over VSNL on the issue of the sharp erosion of their stake value
-Writes off its Rs 9.2 crore investment in the joint venture TVC India Pvt Ltd.
-LIC holding in the company crosses 5%, settles at 5.09%
-VSNL ranked 3rd Best ISP provider in Asia and 29th In World by the England-based Network Specialist Netconfigs
-VSNL inks Lease pact with Hong Kong-based Company
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed that Mr YS Bhave has resigned from the post of Director of VSNL and ceases to be Director wef December 8, 2003.
-VSNL Launches ''Tata Indicom Total Internet'' - An Integrated Net Solution
-VSNL unveils prepaid international calling card
-BSNL inks pact with VSNL for sharing ILD infrastructure
-VSNL embarks on due diligence of DishnetDSL
-VSNL launches call card
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has signed an agreement with DishnetDSL to acquire the Internet businesses of the Sterling Infotech group company for Rs 270 crore.
-VSNL floats wholly owned subsidiary in Singapore, VSNL Singapore PTE Ltd, to facilitate the landing of cable in that country
-Core Projects enters into MoU with VSNL
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has entered into a memorandum of understanding with a company called Core Projects & Technologies Ltd to arrive at a definitive contract document to jointly offer customers fleet management services.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) has achieved the distinction of being the first telecom service provider globally to achieve the TL 9000 Quality Management System Certification.
-The Bharti group finalised a Rs 500-crore deal to share its national long-distance (STD) network with VSNL in a first-of-its-kind accord between two top telecom service providers in a bid to optimise capacities in the NLD segment.
- Internet gateway and services provider, Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (VSNL) has signed a Right to Use (RoU) agreement to deploy mobile telephony major, Bharti Tele-Ventures'' existing National Long Distance (NLD) backbone.
- VSNL opens Global Offices In US, UK, Hong Kong
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has tied up with Tata Teleservices Ltd (TTSL) to launch STD/ISD prepaid calling cards under the brand name "Hello Duniya."
-VSNL establishes International headquarters in Singapore
-Launches its pre-paid broadband initiatives under two plans ''volume-based'' and ''time-based'', which would be offered through the Tata Indicom brand
- Joins hands with Speedera Networks for Internet infrastructure services for the Indian market.
-VSNL unveils Tata Indicom Global Calling Card on september 29, 2004
-VSNL & AMD launches the personal internet communicator on october 28,2004
- Delists equity shares of the Company from The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd (CSE).
-VSNL America joins CompTel / ASCENT
-VSNL UK launches Wholesale Voice Service in Europe
-Ratan Tata quits as VSNL chief
-VSNL introduces ''Software Services on Demand''
-VSNL completes acquisition of Tyco Global Network a state-of-the-art under sea cable network that spans 60,000 kms (37,280 miles) and the continents of North America, Europe and Asia
-VSNL teams up with Bharti to share undersea cables
-VSNL slahes bandwidth prices to US, Singapore
-VSNL joins hands for fixed line telephony operator in SA
-VSNL - SNO receives PSTS license
-VSNL''s Executive Director N Srinath named Telecom Asia''s CEO of the year
-VSNL signs agreement to acquire DIL, an Indian ISP
-VSNL- VSNL International Launches Next Generation Dedicated Global Ethernet Service connecting North America, Europe, Asia &
-VSNL ties-up with Pizza Corner & Coffee World to offer Wi-Fi at 500 outlets
-VSNL to launch cyber cafes at railway stations
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has announced that leading international telecom service providers, Etisalat, Saudi Telecom, Telecom Egypt, Telecom Italia Sparkle and the Company have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to work jointly on the construction of a new submarine cable (I-ME-WE) linking India, the Middle East and Western Europe.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has appointed Mr. N Srinath as the Managing Director of the Company for a period of five years and the Chief Executive Officer of the VSNL Group of Companies, with effect from February 02, 2007.
- VSNL joins hand with Teleglobe.
- VSNL unveils WiMax services in Bangalore.
- VSNL rolls out managed hosting, storage solution.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd has informed that Mr. S Ramadorai, CEO & Managing Director, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd has been appointed on the Board of the Company as Additional Director by way of Board Resolution dated June 28, 2007.
- Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has informed that Mr. A K Srivastava, DDG(AS), DoT, has been appointed as permanent (non-retiring) director on the Board of the Company with effect from July 31, 2007.
- VSNL Launches Next Generation Dedicated Global Ethernet Service for The Australia Market.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has announced the launch of trueroots, an International Calling Service that allows people from South Asia residing in the United Kingdom to reliably, securely arid economically reach out and connect with their family and friends.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL)Ltd has appointed Mr. A R Gandhi as Additional Director with effect from September 10, 2007.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) has informed that, Mr. H P Mishra, DDG (WPF), DoT, has been appointed as Director on the Board of the Company as permanent (non-retiring) director w.e.f. October 22, 2007 vice Mr. Pankaj Agrawala.
-Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL) was presented with the "ATLANTIC-ACM Global Wholesale Best-in-Class Data Price" award at the 4th annual Global Wholesale Carrier Excellence Awards on January 14, 2008.
-VSNL partners with iPass for international Wi-Fi roaming in India.
-Members of are hereby informed that the name of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. shall be changed to Tata Communications Limited w.e.f. February 13, 2008.
- Tata Communications on Tuesday announced the further expansion of its network reach into Africa through an arrangement with Neotel, South Africa''s first converged communications network operator.
- Tata Communications Ltd has appointed Mr. Ashok Jhunjhunwala as Additional Director liable to retire by rotation.
-Company name has been changed from Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd to Tata Communications Ltd
- Tata Communications Ltd has launched Application Performance Visibility Service; Global Service Helps Customers Ensure Optimal IT Performance
-Tata Communications launches EASY INTERNET targeted at SMBs
-Tata Communications Launches secured Secure Franchisee Connect for the Businesses in India
-Tata Communications joins consortium for cable project in Africa
- Tata Communications, a leading provider of the new world of communications, today announced the launch of its IP Exchange (IPX) solution, which will enable mobile service providers to seamlessly and efficiently route all communication traffic, including voles, IP and signaling solutions, via one IP pipe while supporting end-to-end QoS, security, multilateral connectivity, and cascading payments.
- An agreement signed back in June 2008 between Tata Communications and Beijing-based China Entercom Communications, for the acquisition of 50 per cent equity interest in the latter has been fizzled out.
- Tata Comm - Extends Video Connect Reach in Americas with Hibernia Media
- Tata Communications Adds New Global Head to its Leadership Team
- Tata Communications and China Entercom Communications Withdraw Equity Joint Venture Application
- Tata Comm - Tata Communications and Google collaborate to bring on-the-go business connectivity to enterprises in India
- An outsourcing contract with Canada based Videotron has been signed by the Tata Communcations , which will handle the entire international voice traffic through the Tata Firm''s network in the later stages.
- CIIE and IIM-A''s start-up incubation programme, iAccelerator powered by Tata Communications
- Essar Telecom Kenya (yuMobile) selects Tata Communications as its sole provider of international voice termination.
- Tata Communi - Leading Analyst Firm Places Tata Communications in its Visionary Quadrant for Global Network Service Providers
- Tata Communications Completes Acquisition of BitGravity
- Tata Communications Announced Definitive Agreement to Acquire BitGravity
- Tata Communications Launched Global Virtual Proxy Service with Zscaler
- Tata Communications launched mobile broadband solutions enabled by IPX+ framework
- Tata Communications wins Best Global Wholesale Offering Award at Capacity Awards 2011 - three years in a row.
- Tata Communications Launched 40Gbps enables services on TGN-Atlantic subsea Cable System
- Tata Communications launched cloud service in Singapore
- Tata Communications bags Best Asian Wholesale Carrier Award
- Telecom industry leaders join forces to form Global Meeting Alliance.
- Tata Communications launched TGN-Gulf cable system connecting India, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and onward to the world
- Tata Communications launched global low latency network to accelerate high frequency trading
- Tata Communications announces global technology association with Formula
- Tata Comm joined hands with Formula 1, establishes global technology association
- Global Low Latency Network launched by Tata Communications
- Tata Communications brings 100G connectivity to carriers and enterprises across the US and Europe using Cienas GeoMesh.
-Tata Communication launches worlds first cloud-based policy management solution for mobile network operators.
-Tata Communications and PCCW Global bring Voice over IPX and HD voice to mobile operators worldwide
-iStreamPlanet and Tata Communications sign multiscreen live linear streaming services agreemen
Mercedes AMG Petronas links up with Tata Communications
-Tata Communications sets Tech City against Silicon Valley in trans-Atlantic Hackathon
-Tata Communications launches mobile VoIP platform to bolster converged communications capabilities for mobile service providers
-Tata Communications inaugurates its 44th, state-of-the-art, data centre in New Delhi
-Tata Communications announces the winner of the inaugural F1Connectivity Innovation Prize
-Tata Communications and Google join forces to provide businesses a predictable way to Cloud Interconnect over the Internet
-Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Best Practices Awards
-UC as a Service Product Line Strategy Award
-Data Communications Service Innovation Award
-MEF Excellence Awards
-Tata Communications launches RoamPulse
-Tata Communications is expanding its recently launched Media Ecosystem globally
-Tata Communications launches Data Roaming Boost to speed up Internet access for mobile users globally
-Tata Communications named an Aon Best Employer India 2016
-Tata Communications enters into agreement with ST Telemedia
-Tata Communication launches new storage service portfolio
-Tata Communications - Mobile network operators can now offer their customers Wi-Fi? calling, messaging and Internet access - both at home and abroad
-Tata Comm unveils F1 Connectivity Innovation prize winner
-Tata Communications launches IZO SDWAN