- The Company was incorported on 2nd March, as a private limited company under the name "Siemens Engineering and Manufacturing Company of India Private Limited".
- The Company Manufacture switchboards, switch gear, different types of motors upto 315 KW, assembly of railway signaling equipment, X-ray and other electromedical equipment, installation, testing and commissioning of electrical plant and equipment undertaking repair work of motors, generators, transformers, calorific and measuring instruments, certain household appliances and marine electrical equipment and selling of products manufactured by the Company as well as those of its licensees.
- On 23rd March, the Company entered into a collaboration agreement with two foreign companies, viz., Siemens & Halske AG and Siemens-Schuckertwerke AG of West Germany.
- By an agreement dated 7th May, the Company took over with effect from 1st April, all the assets and liabilities of the then existing "Siemens Department" of Protos Engineering Company private Limited as a going concern.
- When the company was incorporated at its repair shop, switchboard manufacture was being carried on at Worli, Mumbai.
- The Company acquired at Calcutta a godown-cum-workshop for repairing electrical equipment. The Company undertook the manufacture of H.T. & L.T. switchboards, control boards and panels, etc., at this workshop.
- The Company took over the East Asiatic Siemens-Reiniger-Werke AG as a going concern with the corresponding assets and liabilities.
- 500 shares allotted without payment in cash. 3,500 shares issued to promoters, directors, etc.
- 1,000 No. of equity shares issued without payment in cash.
- 7,000 No. of Equity shares issued - 3,770 to Siemens AG of West Germany. 3,230 to other members.
- On 1st October, the name of the Siemens & Halske AG was changed to Siemens AG and at the same time, it took over the manufacturing and business activities of Siemens-Schuckertswerke AG and Siemens-Reiniger-Werke AG, all the 6,120 No. of equity shares held by them in the capital of the Company were transferred to Siemens Asia Investments AG of Zurich, Switzerland, which was a wholly owned subsidiary of Siemens Ag.
- The name of the Company was changed from Siemens Engineering & Manufacturing Co. of India Ltd., to Siemens India Ltd., with effect from 23rd October. The name of the company again changed from Siemens India Ltd., to Siemens Ltd., with effect from 31st March, 1987.
- Siemens-Reiniger-Werke AG and Siemens-Schuckertwerke AG were merged with Siemens AG on 10th July and 30th July, respectively.
- Shares sub-divided. 12,00,000 shares issued at par in March 1971: 6,00,000 shares allotted to Siemens Asia Investment AG and 6,00,000 shares offered to public.
- 24,00,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 24,00,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:2.
- The Company offered for public subscription 5,00,000 - 13.5% second debentures of Rs 100 each during May. These debentures are redeemable during October 1992.
- The Company also issued 4,00,000 - 14% third debentures of Rs 100 each which are redeemable in three equal instalments on 6th, 7th, 8th year from 13th June, 1991, at premium of 5% payable during second installment.
- 36,00,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:2.
- A new company under the name of Siemen Communication Systems Pvt. Ltd., was incorporated as a subsidiary of the Company to undertake the manufacture of certain items of Telecommunication equipment for export purposes. Siemens Telecom Ltd. is another subsidiary of the Company.
- 27,00,000 Bonus Equity shares in prop. 1:4 and allotted on 5.6.1987. 74,38,800 No. of equity shares then issued (prem. Rs 30 per share) as follows:
- (i) 67,50,000 shares as rights in prop. 1:2 (only 65,29,497 shares taken);
- (ii) 3,37,512 shares to employees (all were taken up) and
- (iii) 3,51,288 shares to Siemens AG, West Germany other than as rights to maintain their equity holding at 51%. 49,703 additional shares allotted to employees out of the unsubscribed rights quota to retain oversubscription. All these 72,68,000 shares allotted on 1.10.1987.
- The Medical Engineering division installed five kidney stone crushers units known as `Lithostar'' and a number of biplane angiograph equipments and a Gamma camera.
- The Company introduced for the first time automatic warning systems for the Indian Railways. The Company developed low tension switchgear equipment compatible with electronic circuits.
- A software centre was established at the head office in Mumbai to cater to the software package requirements of the control and automation systems and also to tap the export market.
- Examination tables with new 800 MA high frequency generators coupled with image intensifier television systems were introduced in the market. The Company installed two more magnetic resonance units.
- The drives and projects division introduced in the market a new range of microprocessor-based digital D.C. Drives and energy optimizing A.C. Drives.
- The Medical Engineering division secured an order for the installation of all imaging equipments in the Manipal group of hospitals at Bangalore, Manipal and Mangalore.
- The Company issued 4,00,000 - 14% fourth debentures of Rs 100 each which are redeemable in one lot at a premium of 15% on 13th December, 1996.
- The Company undertook a project to set up a plant at Waluj in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra for the manufacture of switch gears and miniature circuit breakers.
- The Company proposed to set up a factory at Saltlec, Calcutta, for manufacture of public switching systems. The Company also proposed to manufacture Transmission equipments.
- The new series of the state-of-the-art-technology contractors and bi-relays were being introduced by the Switchgear division at the Kalwa Works.
- The Motors, drives and automation division launched the microprocessor based and modular drives for machine tools and compact controllers. To protect the functioning of vital equipment in various industries, the division proposed to launch microprocessor based Digitalised Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems (UPS) - the Siemens System 42.
- The Medical engineering division launched a mobile C-arm image intensifier system, saving valuable foreign exchange.
- The motors, drives and automation division launched the microprocessor based modular drives for AC and DC applications, microprocessor based digital uninterrupted power supply and micro PLC Simatic 90U.
- To enhance non-conventional sources of energy generation, the Company developed and supplied 250 KW windmill generators.
- The Medical Engineering division introduced a low cost mid-tier whole body scanner SOMATOMARC and a low field permanent magnet MRI system MAGNETOM p8. Also, developed a high frequency mobile X-ray Unit.
- WTL, undertook to manufacture Rural Automatic Exchange (RAX) in Calcutta with technology from C-Dot.
- The name of Siemen Communication Systems Pvt. Ltd. was changed to Siemens Information Systems, Ltd.
- The Software centre (Siemens Communication Software Ltd.) would be part of global R&D Centre for the Public Communication Network Division of Siemens AG, Germany. The Nashik works was selected as the global manufacturing base for SIPART DR20 Digital Controller.
- In order to meet-stringent control requirements of chemical and petro-chemical industries, the Company introduced State-of-the-art advanced process control system at Nashik.
- The Company issued 69,22,666 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 125 per share on Rights basis in the proportion of 1:3. All were taken up.
- Another 3,46,104 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 125 per share were offered to the employees, etc. of the company and its Associate Companies. All were taken up.
- The Company issued 3,60,230 additional equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 125 per share to Siemens AG to maintain their 51% shareholding in the Company after the rights issued and issue to employees.
- 76,29,000 shares issued as rights equity shares.
- The automation system division launched new products viz. Simatic S5-1154 a mid range hot standby PLC, the LS/Coros B WIN a windows system.
- The components division introduced new products such as same filters, film capacitors, ferrites into the entertainment field.
- The motors, drives and UPS systems division introduced Smallex UPS (upto 5 KVA), single phase and mid range of UPS (upto 30 KVA three phase input and single phase output, a state-of-the-art and very compact drive micromaster to serve the entire market of drives and UPS
in low voltage areas.
- The Medical Engineering division introduced a new mobile high frequency X-ray unit with Digital Technology SIMOX-D. The division was the first to introduce the heart catherisation equipment.
- The Company added a sophisticated flow solder machine and upgraded the test set up incorporating a number of automatic testing stations at Nasik. Also an enterprise wide IT system, the SAPR/3 was introduced.
- The Company through a joint venture with International Ferrites Ltd. with ACC, Siemens. Metsushita components GmbH & Co. KG and WEBEL proposed to manufacture soft ferrites in which the Company would be 10% equity partners in this project located at Kalyani.
- The Company entered into a MOU with M/s. Asia Chip Card, Singapore and Semiconductor Corp. Ltd. to enter the smart card business.
- The Automation system division introduced SITRANS range of transmitters, SIMATIC Pcs distributed Contrl Systems (DCS) and the OXYMAT/ULTRAMAT range of gas analysis.
- The motors, drives and UPS Systems division introduced the latest generation of both AC & DC drives.
- The private communciation systems division introduced in India the latest version of Siemens AG private exchanges. The division introduced HICOM 100 KTS a fully digitized and ISDN telesystem.
- The Railway and Transport System Division proposed to introduce 3 - phase drive packages for diesel electric locomotives. The switch gear division commissioned SAPR3. New products such as high technology feature-packed, state-of-the-art equipments and systems i.e. large
digital EPABXs microwave transreceivers, optical fibre cables and access products.
- Efforts were made to introduce new products and technologies such as wireless and fibre in subscriber loop, SDH ATM for long distance transmission network.
- The Company''s R&D unit developed mobile C-arm X-ray unit with high resolution image intensifier system type `Optimobile D'' process controller SIPART-DR 20, Microprocessor Controlled current source inverter SIMOVERT-A, microprocessor controlled voltage source DC link converters for three phase AC Drives type SIMOVERT-P, net range power
contractors and relays, Point Machine and motor for special machine tools type IPH-6.
- The Company has developed 24 KV out door vacuum circuit bracker, new series of ILA 8 motors and generators upto 710 KW for variable frequency drives, micro-processor based loco-energy meter to display all loco parameters to driver, stand alone PLC - MICRO 90, new generation of contactors, bi-metal relays and limit switches, new range of high frequency X-ray generators etc.
- The Company suffered losses due to discontinuence of the operations of the Telecommunications division, the cost of Voluntary Retirement Scheme, higher operating costs, lower capacity utilisation etc.
- The Company received necessary permission during the year to issue preference shares upto Rs 180 crores on private placement basis.
- Authorised capital increased. 50,000,000 pref. shares issued on private placement basis.
- 57,000,000 10.5% pref. shares issued during the year.
- The Company proposes to transfer the Tool Room facility located at Kalwa Works, Thane, Maharashtra to a proposed 100% subsidiary company.
- The Company proposes to transfer Industrial elctronic equipment manufacturing facility at Nashik to another 100% subsidiary company and Automotive Systems Division at Nashik to Siemens Automotive Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Siemens AG, Germany is the holding company and holds 14,482,470 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each in the company as on 30th September.
- Siemens Communication Software (SCS), a division of SPCL, will also take away the part of software development associated with public communications business from Siemens Information Systems Ltd, a subsidiary of Siemens Ltd.
- Siemens Public Communications is a 70:30 joint venture between Siemens Germany and Siemens Ltd India.
- Siemens Telecom Ltd, a joint venture between Siemens and Bharti Telecom formally launched its Euroset and Emerald series of phones in Bangalore on 17th February.
- Siemens has set up a core team to network with the private operators as they being their rollout. The joint venture would be supplying to Bharti''s network in Madhya Pradesh and has got the trial from Essar for Punjab.
- IBM Global Services India, a joint venture between IBM and the Tatas, has entered into a services contract with Siemens to support the latter''s IT infrastructure in India.
- IBM and Siemens have entered into an IT partnership to support Siemens India''s infrastructure.
- The Company consolidated its position as a `Total Solution Provider'' in Power Transmission and Distribution business by setting up a new manufacturing unit of High Voltage Circuit Breaker at Aurangabad.
- The Motion Control Group of Siemens AG has formed a technical collaboration with HMT for training and technical know-how to manufacture CNCs (Computer Numerical Controls).
- Electronic Hi-Tech Components Ltd. (EHC), has entered into a joint venture with California-based Siemens Solar Industries and set-up 1 mega watt (MW) photo voltaic production facility at Nashik.
- Siemens Solar Industries (SSL) holds 74 per cent stake while EHC, another Siemens subsidiary has picked-up 26 per cent in the joint venture.
- The Indian venture at Nashik will be the fifth joint venture of Siemens.
- A wholly owned subsidiary of Siemens, Germany with a 51 per cent equity stake, Siemens is in the business of automation, medical engineering, power generation, power transmission and distribution systems, switchgear and telecommunication systems.
- Siemens has set up Unisphere Solutions Inc along with these companies to target leadership in the converged voice and data and Internet networking solutions.
- The Company launch of `total hotel solutions'' for the hospitality industry to cater to the growing needs of the corporate travellers.
- Siemens launched its new line of information and communication solutions - Hicom 150 E Office and ESL8i - targeted at small and medium enterprises.
- The Company has launched its fifth round of voluntary retirement scheme in four years.
- Siemens has launched a new C-Arm-Multimobile 4C, a multi-use mobile image intensifier television system, in the domestic market.
- The Company and Brokat signed a MoU which will pave the way for millions of mobile phone users to conduct transactions with their mobile phones including purchasing products and services, paying bills, and even auctioning items.
- The private communications systems division of Siemens Ltd, has formed a strategic marketing alliance with the telecom giant ITI Ltd.
- The Company will be launching three new WAP enabled phones in the Indian market in July.
- Siemens Ltd has introduced the Multimobile 4C medical system that is a mobile image intensiffer television system. - Siemens Teleco Ltd the joint venture company between Siemens and Bharati Telecom, has launched the sleek and compact hand cellphone Siemens C-28.
- Siemens and its India subsidiary has been permitted to take full control in VXL Landis & GYR, with Birla VXL choosing to opt out of the joint venture.
- The advanced engineering arm of Siemens, ATD-ITPS, has entered into an agreement with software company Offsite Management Systems (OMS) in order to jointly undertake the marketing and project engineering of chemical, oil and gas offsite automation systems.
- Siemens has launched three WAP-enabled devices, C35i, M35i and S35i.
- The Company has informed that the company is in the process of divesting its 51% holding in Siemens Telecom Ltd., in favour of Bharti Telecom Ltd., the other joint venture partner in STL.
- Dr. G. Wilhelm has resigned and D. K. Wucherer was appointed as a Director w.e.f October 1.
- Siemens Ltd. is launching the A35 mobile phone in the country.
- Siemens Information Systems Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Siemens Ltd, signed a partnership contract with Avraham Goldratt Institute of USA (AGI).
- Siemens received the approval of its shareholders to go ahead with a buyback of shares from the open market through the two premier stock exchanges.
- Siemens has announced the launch of two of its latest cell-phone models -- ME45 and S45 -- which feature EMS, the new industry standard for enhanced messaging, alongside a flexible memory capability and GPRS.
- Siemens Ltd has informed that Mr. S.K. Thackersey has ceased to be a Director of the company with effect from January 17, 2002
-Mr. P.M Champi has been appointed as the Director of the company.
-Siemens Mobile Acceleration, a subsidiary of Siemens Information and Communication Mobile Group has tied up with Contests2win India (c2w).
-Mr Prashanth Doshi has been appointed as Officiating Compliance Officer of the company
in the absence of Mr. Ashok P Jangid.
-Siemens Ltd has introduced new mobile with low prices of Rs.5000 in an attempt to
acquire lower market segment.
-The Energy group of Siemens segment has bagged the order of supplying two gas turbines
to the Konaseema Power project in Andhra Pradesh.
-Appointed Mr Deepak S Parekh as an Additional Director of the company .
-Yashoda acquire cath lab from Siemens
-Siemens bags order worth Rs 4830 million from the Ministry of Railways
-Siemens launches total imaging matrix technology
-Ties up with State Bank of India for financing the purchase of medical equipments made by the company
-Siemens shares delisted from Delhi Stock Exc
-Bosch inks pact with Siemens to roll out refrigerators
-Siemens announced a strategic alliance with Aethra Telecomunicazioni, Italy to offer a range of video and audio conferencing solutions in India
-Siemens sets up Liaison Office in Colombo
-Siemens unveils three water and dust-resistant mobile handset models. The M65 and C65 models are priced at Rs 18,000 and Rs 9,000 respectively. The third S65 at Rs 21,000 will be available soon in the Indian market.
-Siemens enhances ties with Enterasys on February 17, 2005
-Siemens secures contracts over Rs 2500 mn
-Siemens to enter into O&G engg
-Siemens wins a follow-up contract for a turnkey project to build the Bugok II 550-MW
combined cycle power plant
-Siemens acquires Isolator business of Elpro International
-Siemens acquires a 50% stake in Flender Ltd
-Siemens joins hand with Huawei-3
-Siemens in alliance with Huawei-3Com to offer high performance networks to Indian enterprises
-Siemens Ltd has announced that Mr Harminder Singh, Director of the Company passed away
on December 06, 2006.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
-Siemens Ltd has informed that Mr Vijay Paranjape, Executive Vice President & Head of Automation & Drives Division of the Company and Mr Vilas B Parulekar, Executive Vice President & Head of Transportation Systems Division of the Company have been appointed as the Additional Directors w.e.f. February 01, 2007
-Siemens Ltd on April 23, 2007 has announced that it will acquire a 77% stake in iMetrex Technologies Ltd. Based in Chennai, iMetrex is a leading provider of products and solutions in the areas of electronic security, safety and building automation systems.
-Siemens Ltd appointed Dr. Armin Bruck as the Managing Director of the Company, effective January 01, 2008.
-Delivery of three double-strand slab casting lines for the Hyundai Steelworks Dangjin in Korea.
-Siemens to Acquire Morgan Construction Company
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
-Siemens to launch PETNET services in India
-Siemens establishes new subsidiary for rail transportation sector
- Siemens produced its first 145kV gas insulated switchgear (GIS) from its recently inaugurated GIS factory at Aurangabad.
-Siemens starts its gas-insulated switchgear unit in Aurangabad
-Siemens to merge Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd with the company
- Siemens Ltd received an order for Rs. 127 crore from Jaypee Sports International Ltd. for the country''s first Formula 1 race track.
- Siemens Ltd received an order from Prakash Industries Ltd., worth approx. Rs. 55 crore.The scope of work for this order includes design, engineering, manufacture, packing and forwarding, and supply of 100 MW Bleed Condensing Turbo Generator sets and supervision of its erection and commissioning.
- Siemens - Siemens inked its expansion plans in Goa
- Siemens intended to reward its employees for their outstanding performance during the financial and economic crisis with a one-time special payment.
- Siemens Rolling Stock which is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Siemens set up a bogie plant with an investment of Rs 200 crore at Aurangabad in Maharashtra.
- Siemens Home Appliances launched a washing machine model which saves energy.
- Siemens Mobility has bagged a contract from Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon (RMGL) in order to build a new metro line connecting Gurgaon Cyber City to Line 2 of the Delhi Metro (DMRC), via the connecting station of Sikanderpur
- Siemens Ltd has consortium of Siemens Ltd., (SL) with Siemens AG, Germany (SAG) has been awarded a contract by Chennai Metro Rail Ltd., for Electrification & Signalling, Platform screen doors and Telecommunications, Design and Build.
- Siemens Ltd has consortium of Siemens Ltd., (SL) with Siemens AG, Germany (SAG) has been awarded a contract by Power Grid Company Ltd., of Bangladesh on a turnkey basis for supply of equipment for the 500 MW Back to Back HVDC project set up at Bheramara in Bangladesh.
- Siemens Ltd received an order from Siemens AG valued at Rs. 294.50 crores for a transmission project of Power Grid of Corporation of Bangladesh.
- Siemens - Siemens bagged Rs.124 crores order from Indiabulls Infrastructure Company
- Siemens - Siemens won Rs.319 crores order from PGCIL
- Siemens reached a milestone of 100th Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Siemens Ltd won contract to modernize electricity distribution system for Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company.
- Siemens inked contract with PGCIL to construct 765 kV test lab in Bina, MP
-The Company started operations in two greenfield factor in Goa.
- Siemens Ltd abstracted the re-appointment of Dr. Armin Bruck as a Managing Director of the Company.
-Siemens launches SIMATIC S7-1500 with TIA Portal
-Siemens installs Asia?s first SOMATOM Definition Edge CT scanner at PSG Hospitals, Coimbatore
-Siemens Limited wins contract to build first private sector-funded GIS substation in Bangladesh
-Siemens wins order to modernize Korba Stage-II plant of NTPC
-Siemens wins repeat order for Gurgaon Metro South Extension project
-Siemens Corporate Citizenship Film Runner-up at Global Sustainability Awards
-Siemens-powered Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon begins operations
-Siemens inaugurates State-of-the-Art Test Center for Motors
-Siemens installs SOMATOM Perspective 128 slice CT scanner at SRL Diagnostics-Speedscans, Surat
-Siemens introduces cutting-edge patient care technology with two new solutions - Biograph mCT Flow & Symbia Intevo.
-Siemens launches best-fit controller for mid-sized DCS market - AS 410 SMART
-Siemens India launches Scholarship for engineering students
-Siemens launches optimized servo drive system for motion control applications
-Siemens installs world?s longest lab automation track at Thyrocare
-Siemens Installs India?s First Ultrasound System with Wireless Transducers at K.G. Hospital, Coimbatore
-Siemens bags orders from Reliance Industries for supply of steam turbines
-Siemens successfully delivers 1200kV CVT to National Test Station, Power Grid
-Siemens wins international recognition for its motors manufactured in India
-Siemens wins order worth Rs. 317 crores from Bihar Grid Company Ltd.
-Siemens Ltd surpasses 100,000 milestone for energy-efficient industrial motors
-Siemens Ltd has bagged orders worth Rs 450 crore from Varanasi-based Diesel Locomotive Works
-Siemens Ltd wins Rs. 55 crore order for High Voltage Circuit Breakers from Algeria
-Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 123 crore from Power Grid Company of Bangladesh
-Siemens Ltd has received an order worth Rs 67 crore for supply of high voltage gas insulated switchgear from Larsen and Toubro
-Siemens Ltd has powers cities across three states Punjab, Uttarakhand and Haryana with Smart Grid solutions
-Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 81 crore from Diesel Locomotive Works
-Siemens Ltd has received an order of Rs 79 crore from Pune based wind turbine supplier, Suzlon Energy Limited.
-Siemens Ltd. - IL&FS & GIFTCL sign MoU with Siemens to develop Smart Mobility Solutions for GIFT
-Siemens India has opened up a global skill centre for occupational safety in Mumbai in collaboration with TUV Rheinland India
-Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 155 crore from PSI International
-Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 112 crore for supply of Air Insulated Substations
-Siemens secures Rs 113 cr contract in Bangladesh
-Siemens bags order worth Rs 78 cr from PGCIL
-Siemens bags order worth Rs 83 cr from Railways
-Siemens bags Rs 570 cr order from PGCIL
-Siemens Launches "Smart Buildings" Experience & Training Centre in India