1996 - A package was developed for corporate customers for fast remittance
of funds from different up-country branches to the controlling office.
- The concept of ''Chief Host'' introduced by the bank for resolving customers''
complaints in the minimum possible time, has resulted in substantial improvement
in customer service.
- The company also entered into new activity of arranging Mergers, Acquisitions and
Takeovers which has been quite rewarding in terms of return.
2000 - The Credit Rating Information Services of India has suspended its
rating for the fixed deposit programmes of Amruntanjan Finance.
- The Bank has introduced a scheme for providing finance against
mortgage of immovable property.
- Punjab National Bank and Bank of Baroda will tie up to form a subsidiary
for a foray into life insurance business, banking industry.
- PNB has launched a gold import scheme. The gold will be imported through
an arrangement with Commerzbank.
- ICRA has assigned an `LAAA'' rating to Punjab National Bank''s (PNB) Rs 240
crore long-term subordinated bond issue (Series V).
- The Bank is the first amongst the public sector banks to come out with Voluntary
- Punjab National Bank has become the latest big player to enter the credit card
market. The card will have two variants -- Gold and Classic.
- An International Co-branded Credit Card of Punjab National Bank and Hongkong
& Shanghai Banking Corporation has been launched in New Delhi.
- Primary market dealers PNB Gilts Ltd is launching a retail scheme in the first week of
January to rope in individuals as investors for govt. securities. It has recently tied up with
Punjab National Bank and will be using the huge network of 2000 branches of the bank
all over the country for distribution and receipt of forms for investment in govt. securities.
- Mr. T S Narayansami has taken over as executive director of Punjab National Bank.
- Punjab National Bank incorporated its branch in M.G. Road, Bangalore named as Mid-Corporate Branch (MCD) to provide its corporate clients with a credit limit of Rs 3.5 crore and above.
- Punjab National Bank is in a joint venture with Infosys for the implementation of a Centralised Banking Solution for it. The bank plans to implement Centralised Banking Solutions establishing connectivity between its branches to cover 1,500 to 2,000 branches and all ATMs by 2004.
- -Punjab National Bank has informed that the first AGM of the shareholders of the Bank was held on August 05, 2002. The Chairman declared the following candidates elected as Directors:
Dr Pritam Singh , Sh Mohanjit Singh.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that Ms. Malathi Mohan, Asstt. General Manager has been nominated as Company Secretary in place of Mr. Ramesh Kumar Kochar.
- Punjab National Bank has launched a special loan scheme called ''Fin-Basket'', a composite package of retail loans, for a minimum size of Rs 5 lakhs.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has been presented with the `Best Bank Award'' for excellence in banking technology.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) tied up with Cisco Systems for networking 3,870 branches as part of its Rs 150 crore plan.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has taken over Kozhikode-based Nedungadi Bank Ltd (NBL) on Feb 1. All the 174 branches of the previous private bank are now working as PNB branches
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has entered into an alliance with New India Assurance for selling its general insurance products.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that Shri V K Sibal, a director on the Board of the Bank has resigned from the Board. Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, vide its letter dated May 09, 2003 has conveyed the acceptance of resignation w.e.f. May 07, 2003.
- Punjab National Bank has informed the Exchange that the Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on June 24, 2003 with Principal Financial Services Inc. (USA) and Vijaya Bank for joint venture partnership in Life Insurance, Pensions and Asset Managements (MF) business.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has formed a strategic alliance with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS) to set up a private equity fund for investing in domestic companies.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that it is setting up its Representative Office at London. The office was scheduled to be inaugurated on August 21, 2003. Further, the Bank has been granted license to open Offshore Banking Unit at Seepz, Mumbai.
- New Delhi: Punjab National Bank has entered an agreement with Oriental Bank of Commerce, Indian Bank, UTI Bank and Global Trust Bank for sharing ATMs spread across the country.
-Inks pact with Principal Financial Group of USA to foray into insurance business and pension fund
-Principal Financial Group (Mauritius) Limited enters into a joint venture agreement with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Vijaya Bank to sell long-term mutual funds and related financial services in India. The new company to be called Principal PNB Asset Management Company (in association with Vijaya Bank)
-Receives approval from RBI for opening an Offshore Banking Unit (OBU) at SEZ, Noida (U.P)
-Punjab National Bank (PNB) has decided to amalgamate its merchant banking arm ''PNB Caps'' with itself.
-PNB unveils a scheme to help SSIs to get ISO 9000.
- Board of Directors approved investment of Rs 250 million in the units of ''Leverage India Fund'' managed by IL&FS Investments Managers Ltd, and has entered into MoU with IL&FS and IL&FS Investment Managers to sponsor the Fund.
-Shri K D Khera, Director representing Non Workmen Employees of the bank, ceases to be Director on the Board of the Bank wef October 31, 2003 on attaining age of superannuation.
-The Ministry of Finance, Government of India, vide their notification dated November 25, 2003, Shri Anand Swarup Agarwal has been nominated as part-time non official Director of the bank for a period of 3 years from the date of notification.
-Ministry of Finance, Government of India vide their notification dated January 9, 2004 has informed that Dr. K.V. Rajan, Chief General Manager, RBI, Kanpur has been nominated as RBI nominee director of the Bank in place of Sh. V.K. Sharma with immediate effect.
-PNB acquires Hindustan Transmission Product Limited (HTPL) assets under Sarfaesi
-IFCI merger with PNB''s would help each other
-Delhi based Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Bangalore-based Vijaya Bank enter into a four-way partnership with Principal Financial of the US and Berger Paints to set up an insurance broking company
--Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Ltd (ECGC) and Punjab National Bank (PNB) sign a corporate agency agreement for marketing ECGC''s export credit insurance products through the network of PNB branches
-Punjab National Bank has informed that the bank has signed agreement with M/s NCR Corporation India Pvt Ltd for providing clearance of Intercity cheques within 48 hours after the cheque is presented, at selected centers using cheque truncation, where there is Image based Cheque Clearing System.
-Punjab National Bank (PNB) has enlisted the services of computer industry giant Intel to evaulate its current and future technolgical requirements. An MoU was signed for the deployment of various IT-related solutions today between the bank and Intel.
-ICICI Bank and Punjab National Bank have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for ATM network sharing, giving customers an access to over 2,200 ATMs in India
- PNB accomplishes RTGS installation
- PNB implements Loans and Advances Data Desk for Evaluations and Reports, (LADDER) system for rationalisation of returns, asset classification and provisioning, credit monitoring and NPA management
- LP Agrwal, Ranjan Dhawan, I D Singh, P K Mitra, K S Bajwa, V P Chowdhary and B P Chopra appointed as General Managers on June 9, 2004
- PNB mandates TCS to deploy HR Solutions
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has joined hands with PeopleSoft to handle a Rs 5-10 crore worth project mandated by Punjab National Bank (PNB) to implement human capital management and payroll solution.
-Punjab National Bank has informed that the Bank has entered into money transfer arrangement with Western Union Through their agent M/s Weizmann Forex Ltd
-Punjab National Bank has informed that the Bank branch at Kabul, Afghanistan has commenced soft opening on July 26, 2004
-PNB in ally with NMCE launches new loan scheme
-PNB JV with Principal Financial Group of USA
-Tractor manufacturer Escorts tied up with Punjab National Bank for sponsorship of a farmer training centre in Haryana
-Launches corporate internet banking facility on November 18, 2004.
-Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Banking Division), New Delhi vide its Notification dated April 30, 2005, appoints Shri S C Gupta as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of the Bank.
-PNB unveils ATM at Edappal
-Punjab National Bank today tied up with MasterCard International to launch a signature-based debit card.
-PNB opens branch in Uttaranchal
-Punjab National Bank (PNB) has tied up with Indian Airlines for online booking of air tickets.
-Punjab National Bank has informed that Shri Rakesh Singh, Joint Secretary (IF), Ministry of Finance has been appointed Government nominee Director on the Board of the Bank w.e.f. October 20, 2006 under Clause 9(3)(b) of the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970.
-PNB ties up with IDBI Capital
-Punjab National Bank has informed that Sh. A S Agarwal, Government nominee Director on the Board of the Bank w.e.f. November 25, 2003, has demitted the office on November 24, 2006 on completion of his tenure of 3 years.
-Punjab National Bank has appointed Shri Ramesh Kumar Kochar as Company Secretary of the Bank.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Banking Division), New Delhi vide Notification dated June 06, 2007 has appointed Shri. Jag Mohan Garg as a Whole-time-Director (designated as Executive Director) on the Board of Punjab National Bank from the date of his taking over charge of his post or until further orders or till the date of his superannuation i.e. upto July 31, 2010 whichever is earlier.
-Punjab National Bank is entering into an MoU with India Infrastructure Finance Co. (IIFC) on October 17, 2007 with an aim to extend its cooperation and support to IIFC in areas of creating a deal flow of infrastructure projects.
- Punjab National Bank entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with IL&FS Cluster Development Initiative Ltd in order to provide impetus to financing of industrial infrastructure projects.
-Punjab National Bank (PNB), has tied up with Networth Stock Broking Ltd (NSBL) for an Internet trading alliance.
- Punjab National Bank cut its prime lending rate by 50 bps.
- Punjab National Bank has opened its 69th branch at Khammam.
- Punjab National Bank has announced the opening of its 133rd branch in Kerala at Sana Towers, Medical College Junction, Kozhikode. All 133 branches in the State are networked under the core banking solution including this branch.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that Government of India has nominated Shri Vinod Kumar Mishra as part-time non-official Director on the Board of the Bank for a period of three years from the date of Notification of his appointment or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- The Punjab National Bank has opened a new branch at Leicester in Britain. Leicester has a large section of people of Indian origin. The branch has been opened this week in the Belgrave Commercial Centre, in the heart of what is called the Golden Mile - the heart of Asians business and culture. It is also popularly known as ''Little India''.
- Punjab National Bank has informed that Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Deptt. of Financial Services vide notification No. F. No. 9/22/2008-BO.I dated March 26, 2009 has appionted Shri Nagesh Pydah and Shri M. V. Tanksale as Executive Directors (Whole time Directors) on the Board of the Bank. The said Executive Directors will hold office from the date of taking charge up to the date of superannuation or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
1) Name : Shri Nagesh Pydah, Date of taking charge : March 26, 2009, Date of superannuation : February 29, 2012.
2) Name : Shri M.V. Tanksale, Date of taking charge : March 26, 2009, Date of superannuation : July 31, 2013.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has set up its second branch in Hong Kong, which will focus on retail banking operations.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has entered into a pact with Ashok Leyland to extend finance to the latter''s commercial vehicle customers.
- Sh. K R Kamath, has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of the Bank by Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Deptt. Of Economic Affairs (Banking Division) vide notification dated October 27, 2009 for a period of 5 years from the date of taking charge and / or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Accordingly, Shri. K R Kamath has taken charge of Chairman and Managing Director on October 28, 2009.
- Punjab National Bank has appointed Shri Mohinder Paul Singh as Workmen Employees Director on the Board of the Bank w.e.f. January 28, 2010.
- Punjab National Bank has forged an alliance with Oriental Insurance Company Limited, to offer a floater Health Insurance Policy covering the proposer and family under one sum insured .
- Punjab National Bank has unveiled a festival bonanza offering home loan at 8.5 per cent, a teaser rate to attract new customer. The concessional rate of 8.5 per cent has been fixed for three years for housing loans up to Rs. 50 lakh. As per the existing rate-card, loans up to Rs. 30 lakh attract a lowest rate of 9.25 per cent with a repayment period of 5 years while loans above Rs. 30 lakh is available at 10 per cent for similar maturity.
- Oriental Insurance Company (OICL) and Punjab National Bank launched ''PNB-oriental Royal Mediclaim Policy'', exclusively for the bank customers
- Punjab National Bank has completed the transaction for acquisition of 63.64% stake in JSC Dana Bank Kazakhstan.
- Punjab National Bank - Reserve Bank of India has issued Certificate of Registration No. N-13.01980 in the name of INDIA FACTORING & FINANCE SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. (Joint Venture Company) permitting to commence & carry on the business of Non-Banking Financial Institution.
- Punjab National Bank signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Principal Financial Group of Mauritius and Vijaya Bank for restructuring of their existing joint ventures subject to statutory approvals.
- Acquistion Of 33% Stake In Metlife By Punjab National Bank
- PNB - Agreement with Weizmann Forex Ltd & BFC Forex & Financial Services Ltd
- PNB has launched two new deposit schemes- FCNR Premium Linked Deposit Scheme and NRE Rupee Flexible Deposit Scheme- which would provide special benefits to the NRIs.
- PNB & Metlife partner for life insurance venture.
- PNB''s Mega Recovery Camps receives excellent response from small agricultural borrowerr in recovering the loan amount.
- PNB Bagged Golden Peacock National Training Award 2011
- PNB bags Most Socially Responsive Bank Award 2011
- In a move to bring cheers for the loan seekers, India''s second largest public sector lender, Punjab National Bank (PNB) has reduced interest rates on housing and car loans by up to 50 basis point
- PNB raised interest rates on domestic and NRE term deposits
- PNB sold stake to LIC for Rs 1,590 cr
- PNB Awarded Overall Best Corporate Social Responsibility Awards 2012
- PNB Awarded SKOCH Award on Financial Inclusion 2012
India''s second largest public sector lender Punjab National Bank (PNB) acquired 30 per cent stake in Metlife India Insurance Co. Ltd.
-PNB launches online facility for payment of property tax.
-Punjab National Bank has launched prepaid ATM debit cards ‘Suvidha and rsquo for the ease of customers.
-PNB Wins Golden Peacock Business Excellence Awards for the year 2011-12.
-Bank with Best Use of Business Intelligence (W inner).
-PNB eclared Interim Dividend of Rs.10/- (Rupees ten) per equity share of Rs. 10/- each.
-PNB launches festival bonanza-housing loan of up to Rs 2 crore will attract 10.25 per cent interest rate and also announced full waiver of processing fee and documentation charges on housing, car and two-wheeler loans.
-PNB Wins MSME Banking Excellance Award 2014.
-PNB Wins Annual Social Banking Excellence Award 2014
-Punjab National Bank has splits its face value from Rs 10/- to 2/-
-Punjab National Bank has opened 121 ATMs across India, on day after which its ATM network has increased to 6,421
-The Indian Army and Punjab National Bank (PNB) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the defence salary package
-Punjab National Bank has launched e-PPF through Internet Banking System
-Punjab National Bank receives Golden Peacock National Training Award 2016