Our Company was incorporated under the Companies Act on June 23, 1993 as Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited and was granted the certificate of commencement of business on August 10, 1993. Pursuant to the Oil and Natural Gas Commission Act (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 1993, the undertakings of the Commission together with all its assets, movable and immovable properties, contracts, licenses and privileges along with all liabilities and obligations of the Commission in relation to its undertakings stood vested in our Company and were transferred to our Company on February 1, 1994.
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC) was set up in 1956 with
significant contribution in industrial and economic growth of the
- In October the Commission was converted into a statutory body by the Oil and Natural Gas Commission Act, 1959. The main objectives of the Commission were to plan, promote, organise and implement programmes for the development of oil and natural gas resources and the production and sale of oil and natural gas products.
- ONGC functions as the primary arm of the Government as regards exploration for and exploitation of India''s petroleum resources. The Company''s revenues are derived primarily from the sale of its production of crude oil, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG),C2-C3 (ethane-propane) and natural gasoline (NGL).
- To strengthen reserves accretion portfolio and open up areas of future exploration, ONGC has undertaken an Accelerated Programme of Exploration with an outlay of Rs 3958 crores.
- The main objectives of APEX was Enhancement in seismic surveys, enhancement in exploratory drilling, national seismic programme, exploration in frontier areas and acquisition of foreign acerage.
- ONGC has assimilated various technologies in the field of hydrocarbons explorations and exploitation. The Company owns Dornier-228 aircraft, chetak helicopter, offshore supply vessels and geo-technical survey vessel. It has 2 central work shops located at Baroda & Sibsagar, 7 project workshops and 11 auto workshops located at various project sites employing multifavious equipments and machinery. It has also state-of-the-art communication systems both terrestrial and satelite based for meeting operational & MIS requirements of onshore & offshore.
- ONGC undertook exploitation of Coal Bed Methane (CBM) potential in Damodar valley.
Our Company was incorporated as ''Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited''.
The undertakings of the Commission were transferred to our Company.
- The Company acquired the undertaking, business, assets and liabilities of the erstwhile Oil and Natural Gas Commission ("the Commission") on 1st February.
- The company''s major projects include installed HX-HY platform for the development of Heera Phase III completion of Hazira terminal phase IIIA & the two EOR projects in the heavy oil velt in North Gujarat. In addition, ONGC submitted four new projects for government approval.
- ONGC holds 40% participating interest in three joint venture contracts for development of Ravva, Panna-Mukta and Mid & South Tapti.
- The Company embarked upon exploration in the deep sea basin on the East and West Coast of the country. The interpretation of Seismic data acquired in the deep water offshore areas led to identification of a number of prospects in Krishna-Godavari, Cauvery, Kerala-konkan & Kutch
- The Government gave its approval for a joint venture proposal of Gas Authority of India Ltd., Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. & ONGC for import of LNG & setting up appropriate LNG terminals to meet the demand for gas in the country.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.
- 3428,53,716 shares issued to the President of India. 1076,440,366 No. of equity shares issued as bonus shares. 66,39,910 No. of equity shares disinsted.
-Our Company was granted the ''Navratna'' status.
- ONGC and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), are exploring the possibility of setting up the proposed paraxylene venture at Hazira as a private sector project.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has taken up joint venture projects in the fields of exploration, development and production in seven countries: the United States, Russia, Vietnam, Yemen, Tunisia, Egypt and Kazakshtan.
- The Institute of Oil and Gas Production Technology (IOGPT), a premier research and development institute of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd has been awarded the prestigious certificate of ISO 9001 for design development and consultancy including lab study and training for hydrocarbon production, processing and refining.
- ONGC would float a joint venture company to carry out exploration at Neelam - an oilfield at Mumbai High. The venture with a private foreign company would be set up with an equity participation of 50 per cent each.
- The ministry of petroleum and natural gas has invited joint ventures with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation for exploration.
- Royal Dutch Shell group, the world''s largest oil company, plans to join hands with Oil & Natural Gas Corporation to help revive production at the Neelam oil field of the public sector company.
- For the first time in India, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has installed a 24-hour video conferencing facility from its control room at Bandra to offshore platforms in Mumbai Offshore.
- Leading global oil companies like Chevron, Occidental, Brown and Root Energy Services (BRES), Total, Marathon Oil, Shell and Amoco have approached the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) for a joint venture to enhance crude oil output from the Neelam field.
- The joint venture committee of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is close to finalising plans for picking up a stake in the Central India refinery.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is all set to implement of part of the recommendations made by McKinsey & Co within two months.
- For the first time, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), the oil exploration major, has evinced keen interest to participate in the equity of a captive power project in Tamil Nadu.
- ONGC Ltd and PGS Ocean Bottom Seismic, a Norwegian company, have signed a Rs.180-crore contract for a three-dimensional ocean bottom cable technique seismic survey over the Mumbai High field.
- PGS of Norway has been awarded the world''s largest 3-D seismic survey contract for Bombay High. This is the first time that Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has awarded a turnkey contract, consisting of acquisition, processing and interpretation of seismic data.
- India''s largest oil exploration and production (I&P) company, Oil and Natural Gas (ONGC) is all set to emerge as a major blue chip in the next millennium.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has signed a pact with Chinese National Oil Co for Exploration and Development to undertake operations in other countries.
- The proposed joint venture between the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Lubrizol India may come a cropper.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) board will shortly consider incorporating a new subsidiary for taking on contract jobs at home and abroad.
- Public sector giants ONGC and Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) have locked horns over the setting up of an LPG recovery plant at Gandhar in Gujarat.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Commission has signed an agreement with the two government-sponsored gas units of Bangladesh to start exploratory drilling in Brahmanbaria and Habigonj region of the neighbouring country. After signing of agreement, the ONGC has recently set up its office in Dhaka.
- The state-owned petroleum giant Oil and Natural Gas Corporation will soon initiate a large-scale organisation restructuring programme as part of efforts to make it more competitive in a liberalised global regime.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is holding negotiations with Arco, an American company, for setting up a 50:50 joint venture for coal bed methane (CBM) exploration projects.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has launched a major oil hunt for the first time in the deep waters off the Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin last week when its refurbished offshore rig, Sagar Vijay, commenced drilling operations at 530 metres depth in a structure off the Amalapuram coast in south Andhra Pradesh.
- State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is planning to set up a state-of-the-art integrated radio communication system which would interconnect the company''s different offices within the country.
- ONGC and the Russian oil giant Lukoil entered into an agreement last week for opening up increased opportunities for joint oil exploration and exploitation in Central Asian countries.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited has mooted the idea of setting up a separate subsidiary in information technology to develop operational and distribution expertise for the oil and petroleum industry.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has set up an expert committee to inquire into the first ever fire at a gas producing well.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) will set up two major oil spill response centres in Mumbai and Kakinada along the western and eastern coasts, to combat emergency situations arising out of oil spills.
- In March, 1999, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) a downstream
giant and Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) the only gas marketing
company, agreed to have cross holding in each other''s stock to pave the
way for long-term strategic alliance amongst themselves, both for the
domestic and overseas business opportunities, in the energy value
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Oil India Ltd have signed their annual memoranda of understanding (MoUs) with the government for performance targets for 2000-01.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. has entered into refinance agreement with the Bank of America for a $180 million syndicated loan to help ONGC repay its earlier costlier Citibank loan.
- The Company and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. have proposed a strategic partnership by way of setting-up an independent corporate entity for exploration and production of hydrocarbons and their refining and marketing abroad.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is exploring the option of introducing a voluntary retirement scheme for select groups which work in highly specialised activities like drilling.
- Coal India Ltd and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation have joined hands to set up a joint venture project for undertaking commercial exploitation of coal bed methane, which occurs in high rank coals in the coalfields of Raniganj west, Jharia ast, West Bokaro, Ramgarh and
eastern part of north Karanpura.
- Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd (IPCL) has entered into a long-term agreemen with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Ltd. for the supply of nearly 5,70,000 tonnes per year of feedstock for its 4,00,000 tonne ethylene cracker at Nagothane.
- The Company is all set to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Venezuela oil major Petroles, for joint efforts in upstream activities.
- The Company while gearing up for deregulation of the hydrocarbons sector in 2002, will set up a separate marketing division in the month of September.
- ONGC and IOC two companies have formed aj oint venture, ONGIO, a name derived by mrging the initial letters of their respective acronyms, which will explore opportunities in training and consultancy in the oil Industry.
- The Company to set up a separate information technology company which will cater specifically to the oil and gas industry.
- NTPC and ONGC are forming a new joint venture company for setting up gas residue-based power projects.
- The Company would set up a 360-MW gas-based power project at Hazira in a joint venture with the National Thermal Power Corporation.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd. will sign an MoU with Indonesian Oil Company Pertamina.
- The Company and Reliance have joined hands with Algeria''s Sonatrach to secure an oil field in Iraq for production of crude.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and BSES have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) wherein natural gas from an oil well - 75 km north of Bombay High - will be suppled exclusively to BSES.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Videsh Ltd., the overseas subsidiary of ONGC, will sign a 1.7 billion dollar deal with Russian national oil company Rosneft for taking 20 per cent stake in Russian Far East oil and gas field Sakhalin-I, in Mosocow on February 10.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas for the production of 25.2 million tonnes of crude oil during 2001-2002.
- The Company has tied up with Indian Oil Corporation for undertaking oil exploration for eight deep-water blocks under the National Exploration Licensing Policy (Nelp) II. The tie up aims at reducing the financial risks involved in deep-water exploration.
- ONGC has formulated an exploration strategy for the next 20 years, with the twin objectives of doubling the reserve base to 12 billion tonnes oil (BtOE) equivalent besides raising the global recovery factor to 40 per cent or more.
- The ONGC, principally an oil and gas exploration and production company, has entered the refining sector too with the commissioning of the Tatipaka mini-refinery in East Godavari district on September 3rd
- : As part of its mega restructuring exercise, the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation has introduced a voluntary retirement scheme for trimming its 40,000 strong work force all over the country.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) plans to invest Rs 5,000 crore in the oil and gas exploration business in order to double its reserve base to 12 billion tonnes oil equivalent by 2020, according to the ONGC Chairman and Managing Director, Mr Subir Raha.
- The Consortium of Cairn Energy, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Tata Petrodyne will invest about $300 million in development of Lakshmi oil and gas field in Gulf of Khambat by 2008.
- OIL AND Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) won a two-decade-old litigation in the Supreme Court last week when it directed some 10 industries in Gujarat to pay ONGC interest at the contracted rates on arrears retained by them during the long period. With this order, ONGC
is expected to get around Rs 500 crore.
-The company entered into strategic alliance with Indian Oil
Corporation and set-up ONGIO Internatinal Pvt Ltd. on 8th June 2001 a
50:50 joint venture company for Training, Consultancy & Services in
- The board of directors of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has approved the acquisition of the Aditya Birla group''s stake in the joint venture Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL).
- ONGC scraps 350 MW naphtha based Hazira power project
- ONGC decides to offer equity for international oil majors with which the company would enter into agreement for deep-water exploration.
- Enters into contract with Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL) for supply agreements which include both customer end and supply end contracts.
- Acquires 20% in gas project of Daewoo International in South Korea
- Retains top most profit making Public Sector Company (PSU) status
- Company dethrones Hindustan Lever Ltd. (HLL) to become India''s largest company by market capitalisation
- Signs MoU with Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) for supply, upgradation and refurbishment of oilfield equipment required for on-shore and off-shore applications
- Signs price pact with Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd (IPCL) for Ethane and Propane removing the one of the last hurdles for privatisation of IPCL
- Gets membeship of Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Government authorises the company to retail petrol & diesel
- Discovers 363 million metric tonnes of crude oil in Gujarat
- Govt invites the company to join Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. (HPL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) ties-up with ONGC to purchase LPG
- ONGC strikes deal with refiners to sell crude at international prices
- ONGC ranked no.1 among ET 500
- Bags 13 oil blocks under New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP)
- Hits oil and gas in deep-water exploratory block off the Andhra Pradesh coast
- ONGC Videsh ties up with Talisman Energy Inc of Canada for the purchase of 25 per cent interest in the Greater Nile project , in Sudan with an oil reserve of 150 million metric tonnes
- Strikes huge oil and gas reserves west of its Bassein field in the Mumbai offshore region
- Finds oil and gas in four locations in offshore Mumbai, Assam and Krishna Godavari basin
- Discovers major oil and gas leads at five new locations ( Laiplingoan in the upper Assam basin and Kavitam in the KG basin - onland, B-22-5 in Mumbai offshore and GS-KW in the KG basin - offshore)
- Ties up with IOC for supply of crude oil
- Acquires 37.38% Equity Stake in Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (MRPL)
- ONGC Videsh Ltd. (OVL) purchases 25% stake of Canadian Talisman Energy in Sudan oilfield for $771 million
- Strikes oil and gas in Rajasthan
- Transfers the operations and maintenance (O&M) of its three multi-support vessels (MSVs), Samudra Suraksha, Samudra Sevak and Samudra Prabha, to Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
- Retains top spot in market cap in ET 500
- Gets the first consignment of its equity oil from the Greater Nile oil project in Sudan, where ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) has taken a 25 per cent stake
- Ships Sudan oil to India, the first ever shipment of Indian crude from a foreign field
- Company ranked in FT Global 500 list
- Enters into an MOU with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) for supply of crude oil for a period of two years from April 01, 2002 to March 31, 2004
- Hikes stake in Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd. (MRPL) to 71.49% from 51.25%
- Ends its two-year training and consultancy services joint venture with oil refining giant Indian Oil Corporation
- Kicks off deep-water exploration programme
- ONGC Videsh inks sales pact with Austria-based OMV Aktiengesellschaft for acquisition of the OMV Aktiengesellschaft''s shares in two onshore exploration blocks in Sudan for a consideration of $115 million
- Signs agreement with HPCL to supply crude oil
-Cabinet asks ONGC to share part of subisdy onus on cooking fuels
-Smt R D Barkataki, Dr K R S Murthy, Shri J Jayaraman and Jawahar Vadivelu ceased to be Navratna directors of the corporation. Shri U Sundararajan, Rajesh V Shah and M Chitale have been appointed as Navratna directors.
-Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for supply of crude oil with HPCL..
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation has agreed to be an equity partner of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation for setting up the Dahej Special Economic Zone in south Gujarat. As per the MoU, ONGC will pick up 26 per cent equity and will be responsible for the infrastructure development of the SEZ.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) signed an agreement to cooperate with each other through sharing of their core strengths for exploration and production, and downstream oil refining and marketing.
-signed MoU with mangalore refinery and petrochemicals ltd for supplying crude oil
-Commenced drilling in its 46th well in the Bengal basin. Named Gobindapur 1,
-The company entered into a Transaction & Strategic alliance with Cairn Energy Plc.
-The company joins with China Petro to buy oil equity.
-Unveils $1 billion deep water drilling campaign at Gulf of Kutch
-The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on December 18th approved award of five coal bed methane blocks for extracting gas from coal seams to state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
-ONGC - Disinvestment of 10% Equity by Government of India
-BSNL signs MoU with ONGC
-Market capitalisation crosses Rs 100,000 crore
- The board has approved a proposal to invest Rs 900 crore in a five-million-tonne C2-C3 extraction plan
-Finance Minister allows ONGC to buy Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals stake
-ONGC decides to offer 32 marginal fields to private operators
-ONGC permitted to set up methane plant at Dahej
-Concept Comm bags biggest IPO offer in ONGC
-Service Contracts awarded by ONGC for six marginal Oil Fields
-ONGC launches the Deep-Water Campaign name "Sagar Sammridhi"
-ONGC awards Rs 1,006 cr contract for Larsen & Toubro
-Govt. of India divests 10% stake in the company by selling 14.26 crore shares at a cut-off price of Rs 750 per share
-awards Rs 160 cr three year order to supply oil exploration equipment for BHEL
-ONGC strikes oil in Bassein offshore field
- ONGC, the upstream petro-biggie, has decided to float a special economic zone (SEZ) at Dahej, Gujarat in joint collaboration with the Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC).
-The government on March 23 issued Rs 348.6 crore worth of fresh oil bonds to public sector oil companies ONGC and OIL. The bonds carry a coupon rate of 5% for a five-year tenor.
-ONGC Group sales breaches USD 10 Billion mark
-The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Ltd has discovered gas reserves at Khedabari village in Sonamura sub-division of West Tripura district with a production capacity of over two lakh cubic metre per day.
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has tied up with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) for launching a special MBA course in international business for its middle-level executives.
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) enters into separate memorandum of understandings (MoUs) with four leading service providers for value-based commercial alliance for efficiency in different sectors of exploration and production (E&P) activities
-ONGC MoU with Schlumberger for value based commercial alliance
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) chairman and managing director Subir Raha has been conferred with the V Krishnamurthy award for excellence for 2004
-State-run exploration firm Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has signed an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) for setting up a gas-based power project in the North-East
-PTC India Ltd (formerly known as Power Trading Corporation of India Ltd) has entered into an agreement with Oil and Natural Gas Commission for trading of the entire surplus from ONGC''s existing generating units and new power projects to be set up all over the country
-ONGC wins polymers extraction project
-OVL acquires 55 pc holdings in Australian oil block
-ONGC in ally with KSPL, IL&FS to develop Kakinada SEZ
-NLCL ties up with ONGC
-ONGC clinches oil block deal in Nigeria
-ONGC forays into retail market with launch of first outlet at Mangalore
-Six ONGC geoscientists bag national mineral award
-ONGC ties up with Hindujas for implementing LNG terminals
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) bags trophy from Asiamoney for `best deals of the year 2004''.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) enters into a MoU with Indian Airlines to take two aircraft on lease to meet its operational requirements.
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Mittal Investments Sarl, one of the investment arms of the L.N. Mittal group, entered into two MoU to form two overseas joint ventures companies ONGC Mittal Energy Ltd (OMEL) and ONGC Mittal Energy Services Ltd (OMESL)
-GMDC, ONGC forge alliance for coal gassification project.
-ONGC signs MoU with IDE Infotech Ltd.
-ONGC join hands with Rajasthan for Dholpur power project.
-ONGC signs an agreement with CIL for coal mine gasification.
-ONGC Finance Director gets award
-ONGC ties up with Singareni
-ONGC signs MoU with Maruti
-ONGC inks deal with Halliburton to enhance oil production
-Dutch IT co secures contract from ONGC
-ONGC joins hand with MUL for vehicle lease.
-ONGC internal audit bags ISO 9001 rating.
-ONGC has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:2
-Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Tatarska Geophysica Technologies (TGT) of Russia for increasing production of matured fields.
-ONGC, Eni signs agreement to swap exploration blocks.
-Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, agreeing on a set of Performance Parameters and targets for the financial year 2007-08.
- ONGC has forayed into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with global oil major, BP, to collaborate in exploration and production (E&P) business in India and abroad.
- ONGC starts drilling in Cauvery deepwater block.
- ONGC bags SCOPE Gold Trophy for strong Corporate Governance scorecard.
- ONGC and Rocksource sign Agreement for Partnership in Deepwater Block.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) reported a gas discovery in the west Tripura block in the Assam and Assam Arakan basin.
- ONGC achieves all-time record in oil, gas production.
- ONGC awards contract worth Rs 753 crore to UAE Company.
- Awarded the Golden Peacock Award for occupational health and safety.
2010 Our Company was granted the ''Maharatna'' status.
- Our Company has received certifications, awards and recognitions for achieving and maintaining high standards in various aspects of our business. Set forth below is a description of some of the certifications, awards and recognitions received by our Company in the last three fiscal years.
- Ranked 1st among oil and gas exploration and production companies in the world and
18th among leading global energy majors as per =Platts 250 Global Energy Company? list.
- Awarded 1st runners up for =Best Presented Accounts and Corporate Governance
Disclosure Awards 2009? by South Asian Federation of Accountants, an apex body of
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
- Selected as the =Natural Gas STAR Program?s International Partner of the Year? by the
United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Awarded the Golden Peacock Award for climate security.
- Awarded the gold trophy for =SCOPE Meritorious Award for =Research &
Development, Technology Development & Innovation? for 2008-09.
- Awarded the 2nd =PSU Awards? for highest market capitalization by =Dalal Street
Investment Journal PSU? awards.
- Awarded the =BML Munjal Award? for excellence in learning and development in
public sector category.
- Awarded the "Leading Oil and Gas Corporate of the Year" and "Exploration and
Production Company of the Year" in the Petroleum Federation of India?s Annual Oil
and Gas Industry Awards 2010.
- State run crude major, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) will invest nearly US $4 billion in Gujarat in the next three to four years to intensify production, as per a senior official of the company.
- Indian navratna crude company, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has recently shown interest in taking a part to develop Russia''s Trebs and Titov Arctic oilfields jointly with Russian group Bashneft.
- Sri lanka government awarded 3 hydrocarbon blocks to ONGC
- The state-run oil and drilling major, ONGC has emerged as the largest advance taxpayer for FY11 with a payout of Rs 8,492 crore, pushing the prior year topper
- ONGC sold 600,000 barrels of crude to Japan
- Aban Offshore receives new orders from ONGC
- ONGC with two new oil, gas discoveries in Gujarat
- ONGC Petro additions Ltd (OPaL) awards Rs 1,980 cr contracts for polyolefin projects
- State-run ONGC regained its top most rank after 4 years propelling billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries (RIL) as the country''s most valued company.
- State-run Oil Natural Gas Corporation of India (ONGC) has finalized a three-year contract with subsidiary of Bermuda-headquartered driller Northern Offshore, Jet drilling.
- ONGC appointed New Chairman after 8 months, Mr. Sudhir Vasudeva as CMD.
- State run oil and exploration Company Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has approved buying Asian development Bank (ADB) stake in Petronet (PLL).
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
-Oil And Natural Gas Corporation has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) said it has secured Rs 774 crore contract from Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) for supplying onshore drilling rigs.
- Country''s leading oil & gas explorer ONGC announced that Japan-based oil giant Inpex Corp has acquired 26 per cent stake in ONGC''s Krishna Godavari (KG) basin deepsea block viz. KG-DWN- 2004/6
- ONGC Videsh signs definitive agreements to acquire an interest in the Azeri, Chirag and the Deep Water Portion of the Guneshli Fields in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea and an interest in the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Pipeline.
- State-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) said it has made a huge oil discovery off the West Coast that will help lift the sagging output from its D1 oilfield by 24,000 barrels per day (bpd).
- ONGC inks agreement with Cairn India to use gas from North Tapti fields
- ONGC receives global recognition as oil major named in Green Rankings
-ONGC - MOU signed between ONGC Videsh and Co-ordinating Ministry for Strategic Sectors - Ecuador
-ONGC - OVL and OIL sign definitive agreements to acquire interest in the Rovuma Area
-ONGC Videsh signs Memorandum of Understanding with Petrovietnam
-ONGC Videsh signed definitive agreements to acquire 12% Participating Interest
-ONGC Videsh?s De-Kastri Oil Export Terminal is Russia?s ?Best Oil Terminal 2012?
-ONGC creates world record on drilling deepest water depth well
-ONGC Videsh acquires interest in Azeri, Chirag and Deep Water Portion of Guneshli Fields in Azerbaijan
-ONGC registers one of world?s biggest Clean Development Mechanism projects
- ONGC signs MoU with RIL on Eastern Offshore facility sharing arrangement
-ONGC and its subsidiaries OVL and MRPL receive ''Excellent'' Rating for the Year 2012-13
-ONGC inks MoU with Mitsui for cooperation in pursuing petroleum and natural gas opportunities
-ONGC Videsh and Oil India sign Production Sharing Contract for Two Shallow water Exploration Blocks in Bangladesh
-ONGC scales highest-ever market capitalization of Rs3.56 trillion
-Rosneft and ONGC Videsh Limited sign Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for cooperation in exploration, appraisal and hydrocarbon production on the continental shelf of the Russian Federation
-ONGC spuds first well in Palar Basin
-Memorandum of Understanding between ONGC Videsh and Turkish Petroleum Corporation
-ONGC Videsh signs Production Sharing Contracts for Two Onland Exploration Blocks in Myanmar
-ONGC Videsh signs Memorandum of Understanding with YPF S.A
-ONGC inks MoU with ASI and Tourism Ministry to conserve Taj Mahal
-ONGC Videsh awarded exploration permit in offshore New Zealand
-ONGC Energy Centre receives US Patent on Hydrogen Generation Process
-ONGC Maintains Excellence in Exploration & Production
-ONGC Videsh and Rosneft Confirmed Successful Cooperation
-Petroleum Minister congratulates ONGCians on Diamond Jubilee
-ONGC Videsh adjudged ?Best Miniratna? at Dun & Bradstreet PSU awards 2015
-Hon?ble PM launches drilling at Satpayev in Kazakhstan
-ONGC receives Golden Peacock Award for excellence in CSR
-ONGC and IITs to collaborate for bolstering ''Make in India'' campaign in energy sector
-ONGC acquires 43% stake in ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Ltd.(OMPL) by Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd.
-ONGC entered into an MoU with Super Wave Technology Pvt. Ltd. (SWTPL) for researching alternative technology for hydraulic fracturing
-India Infrastructure Fund II acquires 23.5% stake in ONGC Tripura Power Company Ltd (OTPC)
-ONGC gives green signal for Rs 5,050 cr investment in Tripura.
-ONGC gets green nod for drilling NELP-9 block in Gujarat.
-ONGC - ONGC Videsh acquires 15% interest in Vankor Field located in East Siberia of the Russian Federation.
-ONGC informed that Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from Jeevan Bharti Building, Tower -II, 124, Indira Chowk, New Delhi - 110001 to 5, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070.