- The name of the Company has been changed from Orbit Strips Ltd. to Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. on 12th June.
- Shri O.P. Jindal, Shri Ratan Jindal and Shri M.L. Gupta were appointed as Additional Directors of the Company in terms of Section 260 of the Companies Act, 1956 and Article 117 of Articles of
Association of the Company.
- Shri M.L. Gupta, appointed as Whole time Director of the Company w.e.f. 1st May for a period of five years.
- The Company has joined the Depository System and its securities can be dematerialised.
- The Raigarh and Raipur Divisions of Jindal Strips Limited have been hived off to JINDAL STEEL & POWER LIMITED pursuant to the Scheme of Arrangement approved by Hon''ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana.
- The Company has issued 14% 60,00,000 Cumulative Redeemable Preference Shares of Rs. 100/- each aggregating to Rs. 60 crores on private placement basis.
- The Steel Melting Shop of the Company, was shut down in May''98 due to the explosion. It was commissioned in Oct ''99.
- The company raised 10.5% Redeemable Cumulative Non-Convertible Preference Shares aggregating to Rs 10 crores, on private placement basis.
- Naveen Jindal-controlled Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL), today announced the launch of another company Infovergix Technologies Ltd., which will provide information technology services and solutions.
- The Company has issued 14% 20,00,000 Cumulative Redeemable Non-Convertible Preference Shares of Rs. 100/- each aggregating to Rs.20 Crores on private Placement basis.
- Round Caster Unit set up in Raigarh has been commissioned in the month of May and has started producing Rounds which is a import substitution product.
- The Company has entered into an agreement with Maharashtra Seamless Ltd. for selling 50,000 MT of Rounds annually for next 5 years at a competitive price.
- The Company has launched Fixed Deposit Schemes in the month of February, which has received tremendous response form the public.
- The Company launched Infovergix Technologies, marking the foray of one more old economy company into the infotech sector.
- The Company is setting up a Coal Washery of 2.5 million MT capacity at the coal mine to meet the additional requirement of coal fo rhte Sponge Iron Plant.
- The Company has introduced a new value added product, Alloy Steel Rounds, suitable for manufacture of seamless tubes.
- Jindal Steel and Power Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Chattisgarh government to invest Rs.6,400 crore in various projects in the state over the next seven years.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors appointed Shri M L Gupta as Wholetime Director of the company wef December 23, 2002 in place of Shri S N Singh who has resigned from the Directorship of the company from November 15, 2002.
-Jindal Steel & Power, a OP Jindal Group has converted Rs.200cr of debt to Foreign currency loan.
-JSP has posted a net profit of Rs. 144.9 million as compared to Rs. 263.7 million for the same period last year.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. has informed that The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd, (DSE) and The Stock Exchange Ahmedabad (ASE) have communicated their approval regarding delisting of securities from their stock exchange.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. has appointed Mr. Sushil K Maroo as Wholetime Director of the company from May 20, 2004
-Jindal Steel & Power signs MOU with Government of Chhattisgarh on January 07, 2005
-Jindal Steel signs MoU with Jharkand Government on July 05, 2005
-Jindal Steel inks agreement with S. African, German cos for coal gasification facility at its proposed six-million-tonne steel plant in Orissa
-Bolivia inks JV deal with Jindal for El Mutun development
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has appointed Shri. Suresh Baid as an Additional Director (independent) on the Board of the Company.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has has appointed Shri A K Purwar, former Chairman, State Bank of India as an Independent Director on the Board of the Company with immediate effect.
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company has (by circulation) appointed Shri. Ram Vinay Shahi as Additional Director (Independent) and member of the Audit Committee of Directors with effect from October 15, 2007.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has appointed Shri. Arun Kumar Mukherji as an Additional Director and Wholetime Director of the Company with effect from April 01, 2008.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs5/- to Rs1/-.
-Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has informed that Jindal Power Ltd (JPL), subsidiary of the Company, on September 05, 2008 has commissioned fourth power generating unit of 250 MW. With this, the subsidiary Company has completed the 1000 MW power project and has now the capacity to generate 1000 MW power from this plant.
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors has, vide resolution passed through circulation on January 14, 2009, appointed Shri. Ashok K Mohapatra, Shri. Haigreve Khaitan, Shri. Hardip Singh Wirk and Shri. Rahul Mehra as independent directors of the Company with effect from January 14, 2009.
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has appointed Shri Arun Kumar as an independent directors of the Company w.e.f September 16, 2009.
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd has appointed Shri. Arun Kumar as an Additional Director (Independent) from September 16, 2009, to hold office upto the date of next Annual General Meeting of the Company
-Jindal Steel & Power has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 5:1
-JSPL, through its 100% subsidiary Jindal Steel & Power (Mauritius) Ltd, Mauritius, (JSPLM) has agreed to acquire Shadeed Iron & Steel Co. LLC (Shadeed).
- Jindal Steel highest corporate taxpayer in northwest region
- JSPL has started its Unit II of 135 MW power generation capacity set up at Dongamahua
- Jindal Steel''s power unit gets in-principle green Nod
- JiSPL ranked as number 25 in the list of Super 100 companies in India
-JSPL ranked 3rd in the metals catagories of Businesworld''s India''s most respected company survey
-JSPL launches on-market cash offer to acquire Rocklands Richfield
- JSPL ranks 37th in the annual THE BW REAL 500 top companies of India
- Jindal Steel Bolivia commences dispatch of iron ore from EL-Mutun mines, Bolivia
-Commences commercial operation of 4th Unit of 135 MW power at Dongamahua, Raigarh (Chhattisgarh).
- Commercial production of India''s widest 5.0 meter wide plate Mill production at Angul Integrated Steel plant
- Acquires CIC''s Energy Corp. Canada having 6 Billion Tonn coal resources in Botswana
- Mr. Ravi Uppal has joined as MD & CEO of JSPL
- JSPL amongst India''s Top 40 Fastest Growing Companies
-JSPL acquires over 30% stake in Gujarat NRE Coking Coal
-Jindal Steel & Power gains nearly 4% on plans to commission 2-MTPA steel plant in Oman
-The World HRD Congress awarded Jindal Power Limitedwith the prestigious Best Leadership Development Program for Top Management for the year 2013, at the Asia?s Training & Development Excellence Awards 2013, held in Singapore recently.
-JSPL acquires majority stake in Gujarat NRE.
-Jindal Shadeed Commissions 2 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant in Oman
-Jindal Wins Again On Bolivia Project
-Jindal Steel and Power Ltd. launches new creative identity Lohe se bana, Loha sa bana
-Jindal Vindicated On Bolivia Project By International Tribunal
-International Safety Award" from British Safety Council, UK
-JSPL?s Steel to Power Construction of India?s Fastest 33 Storied Building in 99 days
-JSPL Foundation Joins Hands With Habitat For Humanity India To Help In J&K Disaster Relief
-Jindal Steel and Power Ltd. launches new creative identity- ?Lohe se bana, Loha sa bana?
- Jindal Steel wins important CSR award
- Jindal Steel wins prestigious CSR award