- The Soaps Ltd. was incorporated on 7th March, and obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on 24th March. It was promoted by the Godrej Group (the major companies in the group being Godrej Soaps Ltd. and Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.) along with Gujarat Industrial Investment Corporation Ltd. (GIIC) in the associate sector. The Company manufacture alpha olefins, its precursors and derivatives.
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of 35,000 tonnes per annum of alpha olefins, its precursors and derivatives for which an industrial licence was already in hand.
- The product in the range C14 and C18 are used in the soap and detergent industry in the form of alpha olefin sulphonate (AOS).
- The Company entered into techical collaboration with Lurgi GmbH, West Germany, a leading supplier of fatty alcohol technology. Lurgi agreed to provide overall performance guarantee, design engineering, licence and know-how, personnel legation and equipment supply.
- Another agreement was entered into with Godrej Soaps Ltd., for using the know-how of making AO from fatty alcohols.
- 2,18,00,000 shares issued at par out of which 1,70,92,000 shares were reserved for firm allotment to promoters, directors, etc., including 25,00,000 shares to NRI associates of the promoters on repatriation basis. (The unsubscribed portion of 6,99,2000 shares by NRIs taken up by Indian promoters) and 47,08,000 shares allotted to GIIC. 12,78,700 shares were allotted to retain oversubscription. 1,20,75,000 No. of equity shares allotted on conversion of Part A of convertible debentures on 15th February, 1990.
- In January, the Company issued 21,00,000-12.5% partly convertible debentures of Rs 150 each at par. Of these, the following were reserved for preferential allotment - 2,31,000 to mutual funds/financial institutions/banks (only 1,32,700 debentures taken up), 1,05,000 to employees including directors/workers of the company and promoter companies and 4,00,000 to NRIs/persons of Indian Origin resident abroad on repatraition basis.
- The remaining 13,64,000 debentures along with the 1,28,060 debentures not taken up under preferential quota, were offered to the public. 3,15,000 additional debentures were allotted to retain oversubscription.
- Part A consisting of a convertible portion of Rs 50, Part B consisting of a convertible portion of Rs 50 and Part C consisting of a non-convertible portion of Rs 50. Part A will be compulsorily converted into 5 equity shares of the Company at par on allotment of the debenture. Part B will be converted into 5 equity shares at par on 31st March, 1991. Part C will be redeemed at par in two equal instalments at the end of the 8th and 9th year from the date of allotment.
- The company also issued 12,10,000-14% secured non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each to the Indian public. Only 11,695 debentures were taken up. The remaining 11,98,305 debentures devolved on the underwriters. These debentures will be redeemed at a premium of 5% in two instalments of Rs 50 and Rs 55 at the end of the 8th and 9th year from th date of allotment respectively.
- During February-March, the Company offered 236,14,385 Right equity shares at a premium of Rs 14 per share in prop. 1:2. Only 153,05,942 shares taken up. 82,77,420 shares devolved on underwriters. 31,023 shares remained unissued. Another 11,80,719 shares issued to employees on an equitable basis.
- The Company was newly launched brand "Godrej Ganga", an innovative soap which is produced by using water from the river Ganga.
- The Company made an issue of 77,50,000 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium of Rs. 130 per share aggregating Rs. 108.50 crore.
- The Company has proposed to invest upto 74% in the equity of "Godrej Oil Palm Konkan Ltd." a joint sector Company set up in collaboration with the Development Corporation of Konkan Ltd.
- It is also proposed to set up a wholly owned overseas subsidiary "Godrej International Ltd." for increasing the Company''s activities in the area of international trade.
- Godrej Agrovet Limited (GAVL) became a subsidiary of the Company. Ensemble Holdings & Finance Ltd. had also become a subsidiary of the Company, since EHFL was then a subsidiary of GAVL.
- Effective 1st April, Gujarat Soaps Ltd. (GSL) amalgamated with Gujarat Godrej Innovative Chemicals Ltd.(GGICL). The name of the amalgamated Company was changed to GSL.
- The shareholders of GSL were issued shares in the company in the ratio of one share for every share held in GSL. Accordingly they were consolidated into 70,84,433 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each. Out of this, shareholding after reduction, of the erstwhile Godrej Soaps Ltd. comprising 3,18,080 No. of equity shares 10 each of capital were cancelled subsequent to amalgamation.
- "Cinthol fresh" was introduced as a new variant of the brand of "Cinthol".
- The Company acquired major shareholding of TDPL, manufacturers of mosquito mats and household insecticides in India.
- The Company''s Malanpur factory was named "Burjorjinagar" in memory of late Dr. B.P. Godrej.
- The company participated in the launch of several new products under the strategic alliance with Procter & Gamble. The most significant was the introduction of "Camay" which is now available in three variants, "Natural", "Classic" and "Popular with milk cream".
- The consumer products division of the company relaunched Godrej Shaving Cream, and "Cinthol Talcum Powder" in two new variants - "Classic" and "Satin".
- The formalities of amalgamation of Godrej Soaps Limited with Gujarat-Godrej Innovative Chemicals Limited with effect from 1st April.
- New ultra modern Toilet Soap finishing lines of 48 TPD capacity each was installed at Vikhroli and Malanpur factories. Also a new sophisticated fatty Acid Distillation plant of 75 TPD capacity was installed at Vikhroli.
- The Company entered into a joint venture and technical assistance agreement with Siat S.A., a Belgian company in respect of Oil Palm Plantations business of the company in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Company entered into an agreement with Sara Lee DE/NV for securing an equity participation of Sara Lee in Transelektra, the largest manufacturer of mosquito mats in the world.
- 1,99,42,927 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:2. Preference shares issued during the year.
- The Company entered into an agreement with Sara Lee DE/NV for securing an equity participation of Sara Lee in Transelektra.
- The Company has invested in Godrej Pillsbury Pvt Ltd, a joint venture company between Godrej Foods Ltd, and Selviac Nederland B.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Grand Metropolitan Public Limited Company of U.S.A.
- The Company has set up a new factory at Silvassa for manufacturing of Hair Dye which commenced production in November.
- Godrej Soaps has launched Doodh Ganga soap.
- Godrej Agrovet is a wholly owned subsidiary of Godrej Soaps.
- "Cinthol Ultimate" and "Cinthol Scent Fresh" were introduced. The Cinthol International range was relaunched with deodorant and in new metallic wrappers.
- The Company is in the process of entering into an agreement with National Securities Depository Ltd.,
- Godrej Soaps Limited, a leading manufacturer of soaps & toiletries in India, has been awarded the coveted CHEMEXIL Export Award.
- Godrej Soaps is the third largest soap company after HLL and Nirma.
- The company entered into a joint venture with Procter & Gamble (P&G), keeping in mind the marketing skills of the multinational and Godrej''s manufacturing and distribution prowess.
- "Ganga" was relaunched with a new advertisement campaign during the year. An innovative scheme "Gold Rush" was operated during the year on all variants of "Cinthol".
- The Company has set up the "Godrej Hair Care Institute" with objectives of understanding the needs of the Indian consumer, developing specific products to meet these needs and to interact with and educate consumers and professionals in the industry.
- Godrej Soaps Ltd., launch of "colour soft" hair colour in three natural shades.
- Godrej Soaps launched a new soap called Fair Glow.
- Godrej Soaps Ltd has decided to enter into a profit-sharing agreement with its employees as part of its restructuring programme.
- The Company has set up a dedicated hair care institute, at Vikhroli, Mumbai. The Company has decided to set up three more such centres in Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.
- The Company has launched yet another new product under the brand name - Godrej Nikhar.
- Godrej Soaps Ltd is aiming to increase its stake beyond the present 26 per cent in Godrej Pillsbury Ltd, the joint venture company with Selviac Nederland BV, set up to manufacture and market wheat flour based products under the Pillsbury brand.
- Mr. Adi Godrej has been elected as the new Chairman of Godrej Soaps Ltd.
- The Company launched FariGlow Fairness Cream in Chennai.
- The Company and Associate Companies have launched `Godrej Bargainz'' - the first-ever online sales promotion by any FMCG company in India.
- The Company proposes to split its business into two entities and divest its stake in Godrej Sara Lee Ltd. to the public.
- Godrej Hair Care Institute has launched a shampoo specially formulated for coloured/dyed hair Godrej Colour Gloss Shampoo.
- Godrej Soaps has joined hands with Western Railways to launch the `FairGlow Express'' - a local train in Mumbai which has been painted in the brand''s own colour of Lilac and Pink.
- Godrej Soaps has ventured into a new category of oil-based liquids in hair dyes with "Godrej Kesh Kala".
- The Company has tied up with Set MAX Television to sponsor the exclusive live telecast of the "singapore Challenge Cup".
- Godrej Hair Care Institute has launched a new shade of colour in its colour soft range of hair dye.
- The Company has rolled out a therapeutic soap called Allcare and has made its foray into the healthcare segment in the toilet soap category.
- FMCG major Godrej Soaps has tied up with US management consulting firm Stern Stewart & Company to incorporate EVA framework in its system.
- FMCG major Godrej Soaps has tied up with US management consulting firm Stern Stewart & Company to incorporate EVA (Economic Value Added) framework in its system.
- The Company proposes to hive-off its consumer products business as a going concern to a new company -- Godrej Consumer Products.
- Godrej Soaps has set up a committee to improve and leverage distribution in the rural markets of less than 5000 population strata.
- Godrej Agrovet Ltd., a subsidiary of Godrej Soaps Ltd and a leading player in the animal feeds and agricultural inputs market, has entered into a joint venture agreement with Hindustan Lever Ltd. to acquire 74 per cent in Goldmohur Goods & Feeds Ltd.
- The shareholders of the company have approved scheme of arrangement between the company and Godrej Consumer Products Ltd for demerger ofthe consumer products division of hte company to GCPL.
- Godrej Soaps has acquired its brands for toilet soaps, chemicals, soaps, cosmetics and other products manufactured and marketed and/or distributed by it from its holding company, Godrej & Boyce.
- Godrej Soaps Ltd. has launched Godrej Fairglow fairness cream in a sachet in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.
- Godrej Soaps Ltd. has changed its name to Godrej Industries Ltd. after completion of its demerger on April 1 and inducted three new directors on its board.
- Godrej Industries'' shareholders have approved the demerger of the manufacturing division of Godrej Food into the former.
- Godrej Industries Ltd. has acquired Girikandra Holiday Homes & Resorts Pvt Ltd.
-High court approves for the scheme of demerger of the manufacturing division of Godrej Foods Ltd into Godrej Industries Ltd.
-Board approves the scheme of purchase and consequent cancellation of the equity shares of the company.
-Ties up with Karnataka Milk Federation for marketing their ''Nandini'' brand of ghee.
-Delhi High Court passes an order to the company to stop displaying it in any manner bearing reference to Parele products.
-Board approves for the sale of its Mysore unit situated at Hebbal Industrial Ares Metagalli, Mysore.
-Completes the purchase of shares pursuant to the scheme of arrangement between the company and its shareholders.
-Appoints Visty Banaji as Human Resource Head.
-Mr C K Vaidya resigns as the Executive Director on the Board of the company.
-Withdraws unbranded edible oil from the market.
-Acquires 4.73% of the total share capital of Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
-Introduces ''Sunshakti'' brand in the sub-premium and premium category of edible oils in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
-Godrej and Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. (G&B), one of the promoters of the company have sold on December 02, 2003 10,00,000 equity shares of the company to other promoters, by way of interse transfer of shares under Regulation 3(1)(e) of SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 1997
-Godrej Industries Ltd has informed that the Company has received a notice from Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) for termination of processing agreement w.e.f. April 1, 2004.
-Godrej launch ''Sofit''
-Equity shares delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange
-Avestha Gengraine partners with Godrej Ind
-Godrej picks up US BPO firm
-Godrej introduces new breakfast cereal under Sofit brand
-Godrej Industries is picking up four per cent stake each in two US companies, Boston Analytics LLC and Verson LLC.
-Godrej Industries signs deal with Godrej Tea for transfer of foods business
-Godrej Agrovet signs MoU with IJM Plantations Berhad, Malaysia
-Godrej targets Rs 1,000 cr turnover with Nutrine deal
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 6 to Re 1
-Godrej to re-enter into detergent biz
-Godrej to go niche with Nature''s Basket
-Godrej to put in Rs 360 cr more in FMCG arm
-Godrej Industries Ltd has informed that the Company has signed a Definitive Agreement with RFCL Ltd to transfer the Medical Diagnostics business as a going concern effective close of working hours on December 31, 2007.
-Godrej Industries and with Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay(IIT-B) on April 2 have entered into an agreement on a Mega Global Initiative titled "Ten Great Ideas to change the world in the next 50 years."
- Godrej chalks out Rs 300 cr investment in chem, agri sectors.
- Godrej eyes entry into chocolate business with Hershey.
- GIL to set up new plant in Maharashtra at Rs 230 cr.
- A report by a global brand consultancy Interband revealed that the brand value of Adi Godrej's Godrej group stands at nearly $3 billion, thus surpassing the huge international brands like Nissan, HTC, Yamaha and Lenovo.
- Godrej Industries Ltd has informed BSE that the Compensation Committee has approved granting 17,703 Stock Grants to Eligible Employees of the Company, in terms of Employee Stock Grant Scheme 2011 (ESGS 2011).
- India’s leading business player, Godrej Industries Limited said it has inked an agreement following which it will divest 43 per cent of its stake in Godrej Hershey Limited to the Hershey Company for an undisclosed consideration.
- Adi Godrej, Chairman of the Godrej Group, has succeeded B Muthuraman as the new President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the year 2012-13.
- Godrej Industries Ltd has informed BSE that Mr. V. Srinivasan, Executive Vice President (Finance & Estate) & Company Secretary would be stepping down as Company Secretary w.e.f. April 01, 2012.
-Godrej Industries to merge Swadeshi Detergents with itself
-Godrej Industries acquires 10 lakh shares of GCPL for Rs 87 cr
-Board recommends Final Dividend of Rs. 1.75 per equity share of the Company
-Godrej Industries Lt - Scheme of Amalgamation of Wadala Commodities Limited with Godrej Industries Limited and their respection
-Board recommends Final Dividend of Rs. 1.75 per equity share of the Company
-Godrej introduces portable safety device Goldilocks
-Godrej Properties announces the launch of its flagship project
-Godrej acquires 51% stake in India Circus
-Godrej Aer launches the new ?Rich Irish? variant