- Incorporated pursuant to a formation agreement dated November 20, 1964 and in accordance with a memorandum of agreement dated June 27, 1964 both between the Government of India and BIC.
- Commenced work in the refineries segment.
- Termination of the agreements with BIC and acquisition of the equity shares of the Company held by BIC by the Government of India.
- Commenced work in the petrochemicals segment.
- Commenced first international assignment.
- Commenced work in fertilizers segment.
- Commenced work in the metallurgy segment.
- Entered into offshore oil and gas processing segment.
- Commenced work in the pipelines segment.
- Commenced work in onshore oil and gas processing segment.
- The Company set up its own research and development centre at Gurgaon.
- The Subsidiary, Certification Engineers International Limited was set up.
- The Government of India disinvested about 6% of its holding in the Company through a private placement to certain banks, mutual funds etc.
- Listing on the BSE and NSE.
- Mini Ratna status accorded to the Company.
- Commenced execution of lump sum turn key projects.
- Commenced work in the infrastructure sector.
- Commenced providing engineering engineering procurement construction management services in relation to sub-surface crude storages.
- Established the joint venture company TEIL Projects Limited with Tata Projects Limited.
- Special interim dividend of 1000%
- The Company undertook a further public offer of 10% of its paid-up Equity Share capital by way of an offer for sale by the Promoter.
- Established the joint venture company Jabal EILIOT Company Limited with Jabal Dhahran Company Limited and IOT Infrastructure & Energy Services Limited in the KSA.
- Commenced work in the nuclear energy segment.
- Commenced work in the solar energy segment.
-Entered into production sharing contract with the GoI for exploration blocks.
-EIL receives scope award for Best HR Practices.
-EIL Signs MoA with Oil India Ltd.
-EIL bags Intgrated Refinery Expansion Project of BPCL, Kochi.
-EIL receives SCOPE Award for R D Technology Development and Innovation.
-Engineers India honours founding fathers on 50th Foundation Day .
-Engineers India wins contract from Brass Fertilizer
-Abu Dhabi office wins Rs 150 cr orders
-EIL signs MoU for 2015-16 with Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
-Commissioning of Solvent Deoiling Plant licensed by EIL at Numaligarh
-EIL, NFL & FCIL sign JV Agreement to revive Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant
-EIL honoured with CIDC Awards
-EIL conferred with India Pride Award 2014-15 for CSR/Environment Protection and Conservation
-"EIL signs contract with Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) for providing PMC Services for "Installation of ERL Unit-2" in Bangladesh".
-"Sonangol awards Services for Lobito Refinery Project to EIL".
-Engineers India surged three per cent, hitting 52-week high, on the Bombay Stock Exchange ahead of the stock turning ex-bonus in the ratio of 1:1 on December 30, 2016.