- The company was incorporated on 14th October, and the certificate of commencement of business was obtained on 28th March, 1983. It was promoted in the joint sector by Eicher Goodearth Ltd., Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Japan and Madhya Pradesh Audyogik Vikas Nigam Ltd. The main objective of the company is to manufacture of light commercial vehicles belonging to Mitsubishi `CANTER'' series.
- Either Goodearth Ltd., Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation entered into a joint venture agreement which inter alia provided that MC, MMC and/or their subsidiary companies would participate to the extent of 15% in the equity share capital of the Company. The joint sector agreement also provides for the nomination of two directors on the board of
the Company MMC/MC.
- Eicher and Madhya Pradesh Audyogik Vikas Nigum Ltd. (MPAVM) entered into a Director Equity Subscription Agreement on 27th March, which inter alia provided that MPAVN would participate to the extent of 9.8% in the equity share capital of the Company. The agreement also provided for the following:
- (i) MPAVN shall be entitled to appoint a maximum of 2 directors on the Board of the Company at any time during the currency of the agreement;
- (ii) Eicher and/or its subsidiaries shall buy back the entire equity held by MPAVN in a phased manner and such buy back of equity shares shall be completed in a period of not more than 7
years from the date of the agreement.
- A Technical Assistance Agreement was entered into between Eicher and MMC on 4th October, 1982 as amended on 16th May, 1984 and 20th September, 1984. This agreement was assigned in favour of the Company by Eicher. This agreement was taken on record by Government of India on 23rd May, 1984 and shall be effective from the aforesaid date for a period of ten years, or for a period of 7 years from the commencement of commercial production, whichever is earlier.
- Under the agreement MMC has granted to the Company (a) An exclusive licence to manufacture and sell in India its Canter series of vehicles and its variations, as specified and the components and spare parts thereof.
- (b) A non-exclusive licence to sell Canter series of vehicles, its variation and parts outside India.
- The agreement requires MMC to provide the following:
- (a) Technical assistance, drawings, designs, information and services to assemble and manufacture Canter series of vehicles in India, as referred to in the Technial Assistance Agreement.
- (b) Deputing MMC''s personnel to India.
- (c) Training the personnel of the Company at MMC''s facilities and Company''s Plan with regard to manufacturing, product engineering and after sales service etc.
- The agreement also provides that MMC would make available information with regard to all future inventions and improvements relating to the designs and specifications of the Canter series of vehicles of the Company during the period of the Agreement without any additional charge.
- In consideration for the above services, the Company will pay to MMC a lumpsum know-how fee of 330 Million Japanese Yen, inclusive of taxes in 4 equal instalments. In addition, it will pay royalty at the rate of 3% of F.O.B. Japanese port prices of local parts corresponding to those manufactured by the Company and used in the manufacture of the products.
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of Mitsubishi `Canter'' series of commercial vehicles with an installed capacity of 6,000 vehicles per annum.
- 100 No. of equity shares and 100 preference shares were taken up by Eicher Goodearth, Ltd. 99,99,000 No. of equity shares then issued at par of which the following shares were reserved and allotted:
- (i) 27,19,900 shares to Eicher Goodearth, Ltd.,
- (ii) 6,00,000 shares to friends and
- (iii) 10,00,000 shares to Mitsubishi Motors Corporation Japan;
- (iv) 5,00,000 shares to Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan and
- (v) 9,80,000 shares to MPAVN.
- The balance 42,00,000 shares were offered at par for public subscription during August-September 1985 of which the following shares were reserved and allotted on a preferential basis;
- (i) 2,90,000 shares to employees and business associates of the Company and
- (ii) 10,00,000 shares to non-resident Indians.
- In order to suit the customers'' requirement, new applications like container van with double cabin, milk tanker and soft drink carrier were developed.
- Three new markets were opened up in East Africa during the year. A new 4 tyre model was launched in select pockets and another model with higher payload was ready for launch. Plans were afoot to indigenise the remaining major parts viz. Cab panels, side members etc. During the year, the Company started an independent `auto finance division'' for financing retail vehicles in underdeveloped areas.
- The company was gearing up its capacity to 12,000 vehicles per annum to exploit the opportunity in commercial vehicles market.
- During the year, a new model was introduced with improved gradeability in select markets.
- The assets of the Company together with its inter-connected companies exceeded Rs. 100 crores and consequently effective April, the provision of Section 20(a)(ii) & Section 26 of the
MRTP Act became applicable to the Company. The Company was registered as an MRTP undertaking.
- The company has also successfully commissioned a state of the art machining line for machining cylinder head - a critical component of engine.
- During Jan.-Feb. 1994 the Company issued 100,00,000 rights equity shares of Rs. 10 each for cash at par in proportion 1:1 (1300 shares were kept in abeyance).
- 500 No. of equity shares kept in abeyance were issued.
- A new 4 Tyre model was launched in select pockets to enlarge our market reach.
- Left Hand Drive (LHD) vehicle primarily for export markets was developed. A new model was introduced during the year with improved gradeability in select markets.
- EML has also tied-up with financiers to provide financing options to customers.
- Eicher Motors Limited (EML), launched the company''s latest LCV - the Eicher 10.70 - in Karnataka. The latest offering from EML has new and improved capabilities, designed to meet the needs of transport sector.
- A new model was introduced during the year with improved gradeability in select markets.
- The Company also introduced product variants such as Eicher 10.60 G. 10.90 and an improved 10.90 launched in February. An left hand drive (LHD) light commercial vehicle was also introduced.
- The Company recently introduced the skyline schoolbus, which incorporates safety features like a stop sign, retractablef ootsteps, hazard warning lamps. The bus has been designed
jointly with institute of road traffic education, a non-governmental organisation.
- The company has entered into a technical collaboration agreement with the Finland-based Valtra Inc. for the manufacture of 61 and higher to hp tractors.
- Eicher, which had introduced a new 42 hp tractor recently, launched a 50 hp model this year.
- Eicher Motors had entered into a technical assistance agreement with Mitsubishi Motor Corporation in 1986 to manufacture the canter range of light commercial vehicles (LCV) at its
- The Company has introduced several new variants in the market and has also implemented improvements in theexisting products.
- The Company has been awarded Certificate of merit for improving the overall productivity in the Automobiles sector by the National Productivity Council of Government of India.
- Eicher has tied up with Volkswagen to enter the passenger car segment.
- The company has introduced cellular concept of machining in cylinder block line resulting in higher capacity utilisation by avoiding the cascading effect of line stoppages.
- Eicher Motors forayed into the powerful tractor segment with the launch of a 61 HP tractor designed and developed in collaboration with Valtra Inc. of Finland.
- Eicher Motors displayed its 10.5 tonne vehicle, its first in the medium commercial vehicle category.
- Mr. Rakesh Kalra has been appointed as Managing Director and Mr. K K Vij has been appointed as an Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Mr Rakesh Kalra steps down as the Managing Director of the company.
-Launches new 34 seater bus under the name '' Voila'' priced at Rs.8.25 lakhs.
-Launches India''s first indigenously designed and developed Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV).
-Introduces its first HCV called ''Eicher Jumbo 20.16'' in Karnataka.
-Files Expression of Interest in acquiring Punjab State Industrial Development Corporation stake in Punjab Tractors.
-Posts a 32% growth in the sales of its CV in the domestic market.
-UBI ties up with Eicher and L & T for financing eqipment and farm vehicles
-Appointment of Advisors/consultants for reviewing the current business of the company.
-Board of Directors approves the following restructuring proposal:
1) The BOD have agreed that the ''Automobile undertaking'' of Eicher Ltd comprising business relating to tractors, two wheelers, gears and engines, to be de-merged from Eicher Ltd into the Company. The additional shares to be issued in Eicher Motors Ltd (the Resulting Company) (EML) for the demerged undertaking, shall be issued in the ratio of 2 equity shares of EML for every 5 equity shares of EL, as determined by the valuation reports submitted by Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd. and N M Raiji & Co., Chartered Accountants and as agreed to by the Board of Directors.
2) The Scheme also envisages the following: a) Amalgamation of Malbros Investments Ltd (Malbros), a wholly owned subsidiary of Eicher Ltd engaged in the business of finance and investment activities, with Eicher Ltd after the demerger is effected. b) Reorganisation of the Share Capital of EL.
3) The Appointed Date for the aforesaid Scheme is April 1, 2003.
The aforesaid is subject to requisite approvals
-Arisaig Partners (Asia) Pte. Ltd. acquires Eicher Motors Shares through open market.
--SBI partners with Eicher Motors on December 27, 2004
-Eicher Motors enters into definitive agreements with TMTL on May 27, 2005
-Eicher Motors acquires DESIGN, USA
-Eicher buys US design company for $2.5m
- Eicher Motors Ltd (EML) on Feb 20, announced Mr Siddhartha Lal as its new Managing Director designate.
-Eicher join hands with Wipro to source hydraulic kits
-Eicher Motors Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company in its meeting held on October 22, 2007 approved appointment of Mr. Rajesh Arora as Company Secretary as well as Compliance Officer of the Company.
- Eicher Motors Ltd has appointed Mr. Prateek Jalan as an Additional Director on the Board of Directors of the Company.
-Indian promoters buy out Mitsubishi''s stake in Eicher Motors
-Eicher Motors firms up on strong Dec sales
-Volvo is working hard with its partner Eicher Motors in order to develop Asia Truck.
-Lalit Malik has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
-The company launched the VE-series of Heavy Duty trucks
-Eicher Motors, a company that manufactures iconic Royal Enfield motorcycles.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To 3rd Floor - Select Citywalk, A-3 District Centre, Saket, New Delhi - 110017
- Vinit Kumar has been appointed as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company.
-EicherMotors - Change in Corporate Office(#96, Sector - 32,Gurgaon - 122001(Haryana), India.
-EICHER Unveils The Future Of Indian Trucking With The All New Pro Series
-ROYAL Enfield Prepares For Its Next Level Of Global Growth: Commences Commercial Production From The Oragadam Manufacturing Facility
-Royal Enfield Prepares For Its Next Level Of Global Growth
-Royal Enfield Starts Commercial Production At Oragadam Manufacturing Unit
-ROYAL Enfield Recreates History And Completes Top To Tip Ride In Record Time
-Eicher Motors Board Recommends Dividend
-Eicher Motors Ltd has entered into a Business Purchase Agreement , relating to the purchase of the business and assets of Harris Performance Products Limited, UK
-Eicher Motors - Royal Enfield acquires UK-based Harris Performance
-Eicher Motors - Eicher Polaris Pvt. Ltd. Launches Multix India''s First Personal Utility Vehicle
-Eicher Motors Ltd - Royal Enfield announces direct distribution subsidiary in North America
-Eicher Motors resumes production at Royal Enfield facilities
-Eicher Motors -Royal Enfield introduces Himalayan- the most definitive motorcycle for your Himalayan adventure