- The Company was incorporated in March under the Companies Act, 1956, was constituted as an autonomous Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways with the objective of serving as catalyst for promoting containerisation and to give a boost to India''s International
trade and commerce by organising multi-modal logistics support.
- The Main Object of the Company is to promote containerisation and to give a boost to Indian International trade and commence by organising multi-model to logistic support.
- The Company carries on the business of providing Containersied Transport by organising multi-modal logistics support. It operates Inland Container Deports (ICDs) which provide single window facility in co-ordination with Railways, Customs, Sea Ports, Shipping Lines, Road hauliers, Banks, etc. to deal with transport logistics of imports and exports. The Company also organises rail/road transport for domestic containers and provides consultancy in the field of multi-modal transport.
- The Company extended operations in the field of domestic traffic also. The potential for growth in both export-import movement and domestic movement is immense and CONCOR''s strategy is aimed at capturing a sizeable portion of this market.
- With a view to improving quality of service, CONCOR has already entered into agreement with Railways for schedule running of export-import trains on guaranteed transit times.
- The Company is market oriented in its approach, offering multimodal packages to customers and taking steps to ensure speedy and safe delivery of cargo.
- CONCOR commissioned seven container transfer/handling facilities during the year. In addition to three ICDs at Ahmedabad, Pune & Hyderabad, two full fledged Container Freight Stations (CFSs) were commissioned at Moradabad and Panipat as cargo consolidation and
clearance centres with linkage to the OCD at New Delhi.
- CONCOR has pioneered an important concept of Port Side Container Terminal (PSCT): the one at Todiarpet commissioned in March 1991, is situated in the vicinity of Chennai Harbour. A similar terminal was commissioned at Wadi Bunder in close proximity of Mumbai Port in April
- CONCOR commissioned the PSCT (Port Side Container Terminal) at Wadibunder (by the side of Mumbai Port), Domestic Container Terminals at Shalimar in Calcutta and Soft Coke Siding.
- Tughlakabad at Delhi as well as a CFS at Mullund, which incidentally is its first joint venture with the Indira Rashtriya Kamgar Co-operative Society in Mumbai.
- 3,29,913 No. of equity issued to Indian Railways.
- Under MOU signed with the Ministry of Railways, container handling target has been set at 1,35,000 TEUs against 94,000 TEUs in 1991-92.
- 16,600 No. of equity shares issued, subscribed and paid up by Indian Railways.
- CONCOR commissioned Inland Containers Depots at Tughalakabad in Delhi and Whitefield in Bangalore. In addition, first phase of expansion and upgradation of ICD at Tondiarpet in Chennai was commissioned and completed.
- 3,03,400 No. of equity shares issued, subscribed and paid up by Indian Railways.
- During the year a small beginning was made as a Multi modal transport operator and also as a consultancy organization for multi-modalism.
- The Government of India disinvested 20% of its equity shares of CONCOR viz. 129,97,200 at a verage weighted price of Rs 76.71 per share.
- A new CFS was commissioned at New Mulund (Mumbai), and a new export warehouse at ICD, Sabarmati.
- Approval of World Bank was obtained to increase the quantity of wagons to be procured in the second Tranche from 750 to 1500.
- Scheduled reefer services between ICD Thughlakabad and Muboni Port was also introduced. Clearance of ODC consignments by road between ICD Thughlakabad to the Gateway Port was started during the year.
- Two new ICDs were commissioned one each at Agra on 19.11.1996 at Nagpur on 7.1.1997. ICD at Nagpur is rail linked with the twin ports of Mumbai and SNPT and Agra is linked with ports directly by road ICD Tughlakabad by rail.
- Bonded work "Contract" a nominated day service linking important commercial and industrial centres of the country was launched in the domestic segments in January.
- Two new ICDs were commissioned one at Moradabad on 23rd February 1998 and the other at Malanpur/Gwalior on 25th June 1998. Second bonded warehouse was commissioned at ICD/Whitefield.
- The Concor has been set up to bridge the gap between rail transport and road transport for harnessing the gains of containerisation and attracting non bulk general goods road traffic to rail.
- CCI is the only company in the country which manufactures 230 KV cables for which it has a technical collaboration with Mitsubishi of Japan.
- The Cable Corporation of India (CCI), commissioned its new plant at Nasik on March 27, with a capacity of 10,000 ckm as scheduled.
- Disinvestment commission chairman G.V. Ramakrishna has criticised the government for mismanaging disinvestment process in public sector Container Corporation of India (Concor).
- The disinvestment of shares in Container Corporation of India (Concor) is significant as this is the Government''s first domestic offering in nearly three years.
- Credit rating Information Services of India (Crisil) has downgraded the `A+'' rating assigned to the Rs. 31.50 crore non- convertible debenture issue of Cable Corporation of India Ltd (CCIL) to `A-''.
- The Container Corporation of India (Concor) will shortly launch a daily service between Chennai port and Whitefield ICD, Bangalore.
- The company has introduced a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for its 700-odd employees at its Borivali unit.
- The non-convertible debenture issue of Cable Corporation of India worth Rs. 315 crores has been downgraded from `BB+'' to `C'' by Credit Rating Information Services of India Ltd (Crisil).
- The Company has created a separate domestic division to give a major boost to the company''s growing interest in domestic container movement.
- Container Corporation of India has introduced an express parcel service vans between Chennai and Delhi with effect from Aug ust 1.
- India''s largest private sector warehousing company, Continental Warehousing Corporation has entered into a strategic alliance with leading public sector undertaking Container Corporation of Inida for handling domestic cargo.
- The Company appointed Mr. R. C. Dubey and Mr. P. C. Jha as directors.
- Container Corporation of India Ltd. has opened the first hub point in South India for less than container load cargoes at its Tiruvottiyur container freight station.
- The Container Corporation of India (Concor) has launched a fixed-day fixed-time weekly freight service between Shalimar (Howrah) and Mumbai and Shalimar and Ahmedabad with transhipment at Nagpur
- Container Corporation of India Ltd has paid a dividend of Rs 27.4 crore for 2000-01 to the Indian Railways.
- Container Corporation of India Ltd has informed BSE that the Government of India, Ministry of Railways, Railway Board has appointed Shri P.G.Thyagarajan, and Shri Rakesh Mehrotra as Director (IM&O) and Director (P & S) respectively w.e.f. December 12, 2001.
- Container Corporation of India has informed the Exchange about the new address of the company: Container Corporation of India Ltd., 2nd floor, Le-Meridien Commercial Tower, Raisina Road, New Delhi-110001.
-Shri.M.C. Srivastava Member Traffic/Railway Board has been appointed as part time chairman in the place of Shri.R.K.Thoopal.
-Mr.R.K.Narang, Dr.P.S.Sarma and Mr.M.R. Dixit are appointed on the board of the company as part time Non-official Directors.
-Ministry of Railways has extended the term of Mr.Birkhe Ram beyong June 2002.
-K.K.Agarwal has been appointed as part time chairman of CONCOR.
-Concor, the sole provider of containerised goods transport unveiled Asia''a biggest inland container depot( ICD) at Dadri.
-Kolkota Port trust has tied up with Concor to provide services to shippers to transport containes using sea rail-mode between Nepal and Kolkota Dock Systems(KDS).
-Concor recommences its wagon movement from northern India''s largest container depot at Tuglaquabad in Delhi to Jawahar lal Port Trust in Mumbai.
-Pradeep Bhatnagar appointed as Part-time Govt Director.
-Shri Birkhe Ram, Director (Finance)/ CONCOR has ceased to hold the directorship on account of his superannuation on November 30, 2003.
-Ministry of Railways has communicated the appointment of Pradeep Bhatnagar Railway Board as Part-time Govt Director wef September 22, 2003 vice Shri Prakash, the then Part-time Govt Director.
-Maersk-Concor bags 3rd JNPT terminal project
- Concor inks pact with Transworld to set up CFS at Dadri
-Concor forges alliance with APL for box freight station at Dadri complex
-Concor inks pact with Apeda for movement of perishable goods
-Concor rolls out telescopic tariffs for bonded trucking cargoes
-CONCOR & GDL signs agreement for providing train services to transport EXIM container traffic
-Concor to launch new road based cargo service from Coimbatore
--Registered Office of the Company has been shifted from Le-Meridien Commercial Tower, 2nd Floor, Raisina Road, New Delhi-110001 to CONCOR Bhawan, C-3, Mathura Road, Opposite Apollo Hospital, New Delhi - 110076.
-Concor inks MoU with Baxi Group
-Corporation of India (Concor) has tied up with Japanese shipping giant NYK and is working on a detailed business plan for the end-to-end auto transportation solutions project.
-Concor to begin barge service between KDS, Narayangunge port
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) has informed that pursuant to the Government approval, Shri Anil K. Gupta, Director (Domestic Division) has taken over the regular charge of the post of Managing Director / CONCOR w.e.f. December 30, 2009.
-Container Corporation of India has recommended a Final Dividend of 80% (Rs. 8/- per equity share) which is in addition to an interim dividend of 60% (Rs. 6/- per equity share) already paid.
-Inauguration of CONCOR''s 62nd Terminal PSCT Vallardpadam, Cochin.
-Introduction of E-tendering in CONCOR.
-Concor enters into agreement with Krishnapatnam Port, for developing rail infrastructure at the port terminal and provide seamless movement of container traffic from the port to the hinterland.
-Container Tracking facility by using SMS.
-CONCOR has been awarded with ?IT Innovation & Excellence Award 2012? by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group (KRDWG) for Excellence in Application of MIS in Industry.
-Container Corporation of India Ltd has declared a Final Dividend of Rs. 9.50 (95%) per equity share of face value of Rs. 10/- each.
-Container Corporation of India has announces bonus in the ratio of 1:2
-Container Corporation of India Ltd has declared a Final Dividend of Rs. 5.30 (53%) per equity share of face value of Rs. 10/- each .
-Container Corporation of India Ltd (CCI) has sanctioned setting up of two new Multi Modal Logistics Parks (MMLPs) at Tehi in Madhya Pradesh and Barhi in Haryana.
-Container Corporation of India Ltd selected as the winner for the ""Most Efficient Miniratna of the
year- Non-Manufacturing" by Dalal Street Investment Journal (DSIJ), organized the PSU Awards 2014
-Container Corporation of India limited signed the Memorandum of Understanding with
Ministry of Railways, for setting out various physical and financial targets for FY 2015-16
-Container Corporation of India - Inauguration of CONCOR?s Perishable Cargo Centre (PCC) by Railway Minister