Notes to Investments
1 Quoted investments for which quotations are not available, if any, have been included in market value at the face value/paid-up value, whichever is lower, except in case of Debentures and Bonds, where the Net Present Value at current yield to maturity have been considered. Mutual funds (open ended) though not listed are quoted on National Stock Exchange (NSE) at transact able NAVs with fund houses through the exchange and hence categorized as quoted.
2 Investments made by the Company other than those with a maturity of less than one year, are intended to be held for long-term, hence diminutions in the value of quoted investments are considered to be of a temporary nature. On an assessment of the non-performing investments (quoted and unquoted) and keeping in mind the relevant provisioning norms applicable to the Company as a NBFC and the guidelines adopted by the Management, provision of H 160 crore (previous year H Nil) was determined during the year ended 31 March 2017.
3 Refer note 2 clause 5 for accounting policy and valuation principles for investments.
a) Registration obtained from other financial sector regulators :
Apart from RBI, Company is also governed by SEBI and MCA.
b) Disclosure of penalties imposed by RBI and other regulators :
During previous year, no penalty was imposed by RBI or other regulators.
c) Related party transactions :
Please refer note 25 for details of related party transactions.
d) Ratings assigned by credit rating agencies and migration of ratings during the year :
Company is a non-deposit taking/accepting NBFC. It does not carry out lending/securitization activity. Hence, there are ''''Nil'''' values in respect of following disclosures -
- Forward rate agreement/Interest rate swap
- Exchange traded interest rate (IR) derivatives
- Qualitative disclosures on risk exposure in derivatives
- Quantitative disclosures on risk exposure in derivatives
- Disclosures relating to securitized assets etc.
- Details of financial assets sold to securitization/reconstruction company for asset reconstruction
- Details of assignment transactions undertaken by NBFCs
- Details of non-performing financial assets purchased/sold
3. Details of financing of parent company products
4. Details of Single Borrower Limit (SBL)/Group Borrower Limit (GBL) exceeded by the NBFC
5. Unsecured advances
6. Concentration of deposits, advances, exposures and NPAs
- Concentration of deposits (for deposit taking NBFCs)
- Concentration of advances
- Concentration of exposures
- Concentration of NPAs
- Sector-wise NPAs
- Movement of NPAs
7. Overseas assets (for those with joint ventures and subsidiaries abroad)
8. Off-balance sheet SPVs sponsored
9. Disclosure of customer complaints
a. The consolidated financial statements of the Company along with its subsidiary, associates and joint venture are attached to these standalone financial statements. The details of the group regarding the nature of relationship and the basis of consolidation can be referred to in note 1 to the said consolidated financial statements.
b. The Company''''s business activity, including its subsidiaries and joint ventures, falls within a single business segment i.e. investment and therefore, segment reporting in terms of Accounting Standard 17 on Segment Reporting is not applicable.
11 Previous year figures
Previous year figures have been regrouped wherever necessary to make them comparable with those of the current year.
a. RS, 1 crore is equal to H 10 million.
b. Amounts less than H50,000 have been shown at actual against respective line items statutorily required to be disclosed.